Border Patrol Craft ......

Add your comments here about Coastguard and Border Force subjects
ivorthediver

Border Patrol Craft ......

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Well with the recent news over the Christmas Period of nearly 200 immigrants from the EU being smuggled across the English Channel one can only hope that of the Single operational vesselmentioned on the news this week just how many others are getting in that we know nothing about .

Then to add insult to they have all applied for asylum :evil:

IF we have them ....why are we not using them to stop the Ribs / tugs / hell bent on dumping them on OUR SHORES ........WHAT THE BLOODY HELL DID WE EVEN BOTHER HOLDING A BREXIT VOTE FOR :twisted:

OK so I'm anti social ......but it seems the Brit public get the Sh..y end of the stick no matter WHAT they vote for or implement .

Sorry to say it but I am NOT one of the placid folk who merely shrug their shoulders and get on with it .

I am NOT racist by any stretch of the imagination , but enough is enough .........

I may be old and doddery but give me a crew and a vessel with a GP mg on it and i'll clear the bloody channel FOC
and without pay .......given half a chance ........no wonder we are staggering on the NHS we seem to be curing the world free of charge at the cost of all those old farts like me and you who have been paying into it for the last 70 years :twisted:
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Little h

Re: Border Patrol Craft ......

Unread post by Little h »

ivorthediver wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:45 pm Well with the recent news over the Christmas Period of nearly 200 immigrants from the EU being smuggled across the English Channel one can only hope that of the Single operational vesselmentioned on the news this week just how many others are getting in that we know nothing about .
Single Operational Vessel ? - We have 16 x Archer Class type P2000 patrol vessels - two of which are armed and used extensively on the river Clyde providing maritime force protection to high value ships Nuc Boats and the like, a couple? in refit but ... (they are mostly used for weekend jollies(training), Kiel Week and trips to Gib.) ... a dozen of which could be put to good use patrolling the English Channel, crewed by RN reservists and URNU sponsored personnel.
ivorthediver wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:45 pm
I may be old and doddery but give me a crew and a vessel with a GP mg on it and i'll clear the bloody channel FOC
and without pay .......given half a chance .......

... and here's me thinking FOC = Free Of Charge = without pay :?

... also; Crew + vessel = GP machne gun (+ ammo presumably) all for the use of .... against unarmed invaders = murder on the high seas - surely :oops:

Just saying!!

URNU = University Royal Navy Unit
Little h
ivorthediver

Well I respect your reply Harry , and your political correct response ...which is in line with your former employment ......all said ...........with the deepest respect to you .

I was always been led to believe that Scousers took nothing laying down and were at the forefront of seeing right by the majority ...often at cost to themselves ......whilst others living in the domain of academia were thought to be more malleable .......well perhaps there are exceptions in every camp that need to be taken into account ;)

I have no wish to start either a ethnic debacle or a regional discourse , but in response to your comments about "Murder on the High Seas" , my only response at this point can be thus .......

If these purveyors of Human Traffic are not stamped on then ....the slavery / trade in human trafficking must surely proliferate .

Perhaps my comment should be modified to hanging or shooting the instigators and returning the fleeing populous back to France from whence they came .......would that be more social acceptable to you ;)

I am not looking for a political platform to incite riot , more a means to contain the unknown flow of illegal immigrants that appear to be in fashion per sae ........respectfully yours
ivorthediver

I note on a news post on ITV tonight that a representative of the border patrol fraternity confirmed that they are stretched to the limit and they can only provide the one patrol vessel and wished they could do more , to contain the flow of immigrants finding their way to the UK .....shame the Government does not share their view on the need to restrain the sudden increase of unofficial immigrants wishing to join our NHS service .......perhaps they know something we don't...... about the Brexit problems ......looming on the horizon :evil:
Little h

ivorthediver wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:53 pm Well I respect your reply Harry , and your political correct response ...which is in line with your former employment ......all said ...........with the deepest respect to you .

I was always been led to believe that Scousers took nothing laying down and were at the forefront of seeing right by the majority ...often at cost to themselves ......whilst others living in the domain of academia were thought to be more malleable .......well perhaps there are exceptions in every camp that need to be taken into account ;)
Certainly not being politically correct; rather taking the view that there are a variety of assets we could use to intercept these invaders ... not just one vessel.

Jocks (one of whom I am) have always played their part in times of need and conflict .... and I played my part in the RN .... no 'living in the domain of academia' can/could ever be associated with/to this geezer.

-------------------
ivorthediver wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:53 pm
If these purveyors of Human Traffic are not stamped on then ....the slavery / trade in human trafficking must surely proliferate .

Perhaps my comment should be modified to hanging or shooting the instigators and returning the fleeing populous back to France from whence they came .......would that be more social acceptable to you ;)
It does proliferate; even within our shores to a much lesser extent!!

Hanging or Shooting the traffickers - Definitely ..... but who is organising the catching of said traffickers? not France, indeed any EU country on the continent ... the invaders should be halted and processed at the first border of the EU they encounter.

They don't come from France ... simply transit through the preferred nations towards France - none of these EU nations having halted them - they are not EU residents so do not have freedom of movement within the EU.

Whether it would have social acceptability by me is totally irrelevant - it is how it is sorted that is relevant.
Little h
ivorthediver

Well from one of Celtic lineage to another , perhaps WE should put the house in order Harry , you sort the logistics and comms , I'll hang the culprits [ rope being cheaper than munitions as you so rightly point out ] and the remains feed through the props for good measure :evil:

The rest I have no issues with Harry , and we will drink to their capture with the family product from tother side of the border [ the one in the triangular bottle.......... so its not wasted if the bottle rolls over as at worst only a third will leak out ;) ]

I suppose our collective government see it as a low priority despite its high profile .....in fact not unlike the whole bloody mess they have made of Brexit majority vote , and as you point out the Frogs are only to eager to ship out and clear their inability to deal with the issue on their own door stop .

It has to be said that our friends down under have the right idea with regard to border control , and observation of their own countries traditions ," If you don't like them leave on the next plane out mate and whilst here you will abide by our rules and regulations or be deported UNDERSTOOD ! "

No wonder they flock over here , once landed , assert what you feel are their rights all free of charge
and don't worry about the law we will play the human rights card brother ......merely a formality

Like some reading this I'm sure .....I'm glad I am this old as our beleaguered country has gone down the pan , and I see no virtue in remaining here for to long as all our tradition's , hard won values have gone.....so I'll see my days out under sufferance in the vain hope that things will get better .......and most of you reading this will not wish to be identified as in agreement .........but thinking to themselves where did our Green and Pleasant land go so badly wrong that it has ended up like this .

Whats your point of view .....or... am I the only one clutching on to these doomed values... by my finger nails :shock:

Now getting back on topic [ thank god you say] where are all these Border Patrol Craft that we already have that no one can spare for patrol duties , and why are we extending the service life of the ageing ones to train our future officers on when we cant Crew the existing fleet we have , let alone ordering more .... Train them yes... but get our priorities right not jollies for the few but deter the traffickers not ignore them but do something useful with what precious few assets we already have at our disposal ....

Tell me if you think I'm wrong..... and tell me how you would handle it , as presumably you want to protect YOUR country to , or ......is it just Harry and I :o
ivorthediver

Well disappointing , but predictable it seems .......so it looks like just us Harry ,
and why bother ....the spineless few mesh perfectly with the current ideology of ......" do nothing .......don't stick your head above the pan rim , and it will all go away at no effort from me , and all will be fine" .....
.Yea Right
.....you are obviously one of the precondition Drones that will sink with our country and scream to everyone else at the injustice when everything you hold dear will be sucked under the "S" bend of life under the ebb of incoming flotsam ..... Why should We worry Harry it will soon be someone else's problem to ponder over ..........as they say on all the Perfumery Adds you have been watching over Christmas ...YOU DESERVE IT :( another delivery were dropped off on our beach last night ;)

As for the rest of us , when do you think the latest additional Patrol boats will be joining our surplus fleet and blockade the French ports from the next delivery

I have had my say now ......its up to you
ivorthediver

At last ,.......someone is listening out there , the UK home secretary says two Border Force Boats will return from overseas in response to migrant Crossings [ BBC Breaking News ]

See Harry................ one of your mates out there monitoring our Forum [ knowing our luck he must have been scanning with Jim for unwanted members ;) ......whatever it takes eh ;)
Little h

The National Strategy for Maritime Security May 2014 - a useful read that explains who does what and how it fits together.

DELIVERING OUR OBJECTIVES .......................................................................24
Objective 1: To promote a secure international maritime domain and
uphold international maritime norms ..............................................................25
Objective 2: To develop the maritime governance capacity and capabilities
of states in areas of strategic maritime importance.............................................27
Objective 3: To protect the UK and the Overseas Territories, their citizens
and economies by supporting the safety and security of ports and offshore
installations and Red Ensign Group (REG)-flagged passenger and cargo ships...............29
Objective 4: To assure the security of vital maritime trade and energy
transportation routes within the UK Marine Area, regionally and internationally...........33
Objective 5: To protect the resources and population of the UK and the
Overseas Territories from illegal and dangerous activity, including serious
organised crime and terrorism ......................................................................34

The National Strategy for Maritime Security.png

Full PDF document (1 of 2) can be read here at publishing.service.gov.uk

Initial sighting of this topic was on NavyLookout on Twitter (retweeted) see here
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Little h
timlewin

Unread post by timlewin »

I may have missed something but can anyone explain whose/which borders our two Border Force cutters now returning from abroad have been protecting/securing?

Maybe a change of name to "Abroader Force"?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Coastguard and Border Force”