Corvettes: Nanuchka III Class

Add your posts about the Russian Navy in this section
Brian James

Corvettes: Nanuchka III Class

Unread post by Brian James »

Nanuchka III Class Guided Missile Corvette RFS Mirazh pictured at Sevastopol in July 2018.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brian James

Re: Corvettes: Nanuchka III Class

Nanuchka III Class Guided Missile Corvette RFS Geyzer pictured launching one of her Malakhit SS-N9 (NATO reporting name Siren) Anti-Ship Missiles...2019.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
designeraccd

Unread post by designeraccd »

Potentially POTENT lil WARships, obviously no match for the USN's "transformational" PO$ LC$s tho........ :shock: In some USN Admirals' dreams....... :lol: Uh-huh. At least some L-M n Au$tal lobbyists are probably getting rich from this major fubar. :x

Specs (Wiki): Displacement: 560 long tons (569 t) standard, 660 long tons (671 t) full load
Length: 59.3 m (194.6 ft)
Beam: 12.6 m (41.3 ft)
Draught: 2.4 m (7.9 ft)
Draft: 2.7 m[1]
Propulsion: 3 shaft Diesels, 30,000 hp (22,371 kW)
Speed: 32 knots (59 km/h)
Range: 2,500 nautical miles (4,630 km) at 12 kn (22 km/h); 900 nmi (1,667 km) at 30 kn (56 km/h)
Complement: 60
Sensors and
processing systems: Radar:
Band Stand fire control
Bass Tilt
Peel Pair surface search
Pop group

Armament: 6 SS-N-9 SSM (2x3) or 4 x SS-N-2 (export ships)
1 SA-N-4 SAM (1x2) - 20 missiles
Twin 57mm AK-257 gun (I) or 1 x 76mm AK-176 gun (III)
1 x 30mm AK-630 gun (III)

At a fraction of the size of the LC$ (I know..no helo...aaaawww) they carry a POWERFUL PUNCH instead of effectively no real ability to damage anything much larger than a wood rowboat. Strange concept: small, but heavy hitting.

A true littoral STREETFIGHTER.

Apparently there were 20 of the III series, including 1 incomplete unit. The most obvious (?) visual "clue" was the single 76 mm main gun in lieu of twin 57mm on earlier units...... DFO
designeraccd

Here is a recently modernized NANUCHKA III fitted with, among other things, new SSMs! DFO
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

They certainly seem to be ramping it up a bit . They can walk the walk , but I hope we are not going to enter another "mine's bigger than yours" phase .
Brian James

Nanuchka III Class Guided Missile Corvette RFS Razliv.
Brian James

Nanuchka III Class Guided Missile Corvette RFS Mirazh showing off her six P-120 Malakhit ASM launch tubes..she was decommissioned in 2020.
designeraccd

Another view of one of these seemingly "potent" little missile boats, but are they? IMO, I think I'd take these for COMBAT over any of the HUGE, PO$ U$N LC$s!........DFO
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Russian Navy”