Aircraft Carriers: INS Viraat

Add your posts about the Indian Navy in this section.
timlewin

Re: Aircraft Carriers: INS Viraat

Unread post by timlewin »

Here is a revised version 2 of the proposed souvenir of this much loved ship; the crests now follow the pattern of the one we made for HMS Belfast ten years ago, by casting the plates inside the steel plate the casting process is much easier. The steel for the crests is recovered from the flight deck, and the wood for the back-plate is teak recovered from the quarterdeck planking. The plan is to make a limited number, 500 for the UK market, and 1,000 for the indian market. I hope to tell you all more in the near future. one small difference, there will be only one plate centred below the crests which will be in English only which the Indian side approve of which avoids which Indian language/dialect to use. There will be a certificate of authenticity on the back.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
limeybiker

Unread post by limeybiker »

Very admirable Tim, I would certainly partake if I had served onboard, I would love a similar of Tiger or Victorious.
  • Up Spirits
    It’s Tot Time
    somewhere in the World
Yours Aye
Barry and Sharon Lockyer
Sunny Ocala, FL 34476 USA
http://www.barrylockyer.com/[/b]
Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

One of the last images of Indian Carriers INS Viraat (Ex HMS Hermes) and INS Vikramaditya together, Exercise TROPEX 2015.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
designeraccd

Unread post by designeraccd »

A view of the pair from Jan., 2014. A long life for a wartime build CVL; even if she wasn't finished until 1954, IIRC!! ;)

Also, a beauty shot of VIRAAT on her last day as part of India's Navy in 2017. DFO
Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

A great pity she could not have been saved, Modified Centaur Class Light Fleet Carrier INS Viraat (Ex HMS Hermes) pictured off Visakhapatnam on February 5th 2016.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Indian Navy”