Items of Interest to all Sections of the Branch

Post anything relating to Communications on this thread
Pelican

Re: Items of Interest to all Sections of the Branch

Unread post by Pelican »

By Terry Moir

HMS Hermes Comms Ski Team (allegedly) 4N4 Mess. Narvik 1975. Versus 45 Cdo Team. We were never going to win, evident by us making snowmen on the jetty whilst the Marines waxed their skis. That’s me in the white woolly pully, apt given I went into boats in 1976. Needless to say, we didn’t cover ourselves in glory. Bloody cold as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Yesterday this Tweet was made followed by the message.

The message layout and content has been criticised by members of the Branch elsewhere.
Personally its way after my time so I am not qualified to comment but I would be interested in what other Members think?

Commander UK Carrier Strike Group smrmoorhouse
“Understand your role, your duty, do it to the best of your ability, and trust those around you to do the same”.
Tonight we sail for CSG21. Here’s my signal to the sailors, aviators and marines of the United Kingdom Carrier Strike Group.

[See attached.]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

A NEW FLAG FOR THE BUNTINGS' LOCKER

Today the (tri-service) flag of Commander (UK) Joint Operations (CJO) was flying from R08 HMS Queen Elizabeth as she and her CSG were about to enter into several days of NATO Exercise Steadfast Defender in the East Atlantic.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Never heard of it?
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Now we know.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:29 pmNow we know.
BZ G.D. - https://www.commsmuseum.co.uk/dykes/sma ... l/escl.htm
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Photos of possible interest - https://www.commsmuseum.co.uk/photographs.htm
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

The Lay of the Last Signalman

No doubt its on the site somewhere. It surfaced this time because a Sparker found a Creed plaque in Park Hill in East Croydon.
As some will know the factory was in Croydon.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

The attached is believed to have been published in 2007- source unknown.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Communications”