Items of Interest to all Sections of the Branch

Post anything relating to Communications on this thread
Little h

Re: Items of Interest to all Sections of the Branch

Unread post by Little h »

Pelican wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:30 pm A very comprehensive history of HMS Mercury
For info:

Page 44 - References and acknowledgments.

Fleet Chief Radio Supervisor(Special)/Warrant Officer Communication Technician; Eddie Clamp; Dave Peters & Norman Langley were all members of the (S) branch/Communications Technician branch with whom I served at various times and various places during the period 1964 to 1974.
Little h
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

RFA SAILOR SIGNS OFF AFTER 45 YEARS IN COMMUNICATIONS

A Royal Fleet Auxiliary communications rating has retired after his second 15-year stint with the Royal Navy.

CIS Pete Burnett served in the Royal Navy for 15 years as a Leading Radio Operator (General) before leaving and joining the Post Office as a postman in Bristol.

Fifteen years later ‘Bristol Pete’ returned to sea, this time with the Royal Fleet Auxiliary

Fifteen years after that, he retired, receiving a send-off from his last ship, RFA Lyme Bay, and her Commanding Officer, Captain Martin Jones.

Continues at:
https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-l ... rfa-retire
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Ganges 'Snippets'
A Communicator's view
RN Communications Branch Museum/Library
This page contains links to the many small 'Snippets' that have been transferred from Godfrey (Jeff) Dykes website with his kind permission.
Please see:
https://www.commsmuseum.co.uk/gangessnips.htm
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

R.N. SIGNAL SCHOOLS

Bags of info here - https://www.commsmuseum.co.uk/dykes/rns ... 9xxvIxV78g
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

The hydraulic telegraph of Aeneas – long-distance communication of antiquity

Advances in technology have drastically changed the way we live today compared to those of our ancient past. One type of technology that many of us may take for granted is the ability to communicate with others over long distances, or to large groups of people. A look back at ancient civilizations can give us insight today into the very first methods of long-distance communications. In 350 BC, a Greek named Aeneas invented the hydraulic telegraph, which was a means of communicating important, fairly detailed information, quickly over long distances.

Continues at:
https://www.ancient-origins.net/ancient ... 3Ru0plR4yc
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

From Brian Benfield, Sparker, R.N.

"Between the wars. Early '20's HMS Foxglove on the China Station. 2 badge killick sparker middle right and 3 badge killick bunting behind and right. All served WW1 and well worn features from a hard life. The PO Cook is my Uncle."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Can you help?
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Ganges Instructors 1922
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Included in a Tweet from Kent 30 mins. ago.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Communications”