HMS Troubridge 1:96 scale type 15 Frigate F09

Building a model? Need help with it? Show the work in progress or the completed project, etc.
ivorthediver

HMS Troubridge 1:96 scale type 15 Frigate F09

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Here also if you go to Youtube and enter " HMS Trowbridge type 15 Frigate " [ yes I know I entered the name incorrectly but be fair my first attempt at using this form of media ] and you can sea another of my scratch built models complete with sound modules in basic form taken in July last year at the" Cambridge Model Boat club" lake in Histon Cambridge
link
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
ivorthediver

Re: HMS Troubridge 1:96 scale type 15 Frigate F09

Have managed to find my feet with the photo's on my Computer so here is one of my pictures of HMS Troubridge .in action on the water and a couple of her in dry dock :oops:

Hope they come through ok
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

ivorthediver wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:53 pm Have managed to find my feet with the photo's on my Computer so here is one of my pictures of HMS Troubridge .in action on the water and a couple of her in dry dock :oops:

Hope they come through ok
She looks great Ivor. I added a link to YouTube in the last line of your first post.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

Your a gentleman and a scholar Jim , thank you so much for all your help to date , don't know how I would have done it without you :oops:
ivorthediver

I chose HMS Troubridge , after meeting Karen knowing that it was a favourite of Chalky White her Dad [ now sadly crossed the bar] and like others he served on that I built you will find him in working kit somewhere near his work station on board .

She was refitted several times on a similar style to HMS Manxman and also had Steam Turbine Engine sounds added to get as near as possible to her original state and performance , and I recall when another departed dear friend "Sandy" saw her at a model show in Norfolk that we agreed to meet at saying" God I can feel her engine throbbing through my steaming boots she performs brilliantly" which to me was like God speaking in my ear ......at the time I was on boat guard duty to his HMS Rodney as we swept across the pond built there ......happy days , and sadly missed bless him
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Model Makers Section”