Wardroom

Want some off topic chat? Pull up a bar stool and make yourself at home here
Little h

Re: WARDROOM

Unread post by Little h »

Bee wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:42 pm Hi All,

Little H....(I still remember the ice picture on your bonnet....) I think that must have been one of my first posts.... (closest rellie on the forum...)

Also, I might get "the Duchess" (aka my Mum) to join again (not that she ever posted anything - but she did enjoy swapping war time stories/experiences with Edna outside of the forum.) We need a bit of extra vintage in here....The Duchess is 91 now and has her sights set on 100....although she's taking it day by day.
Right that's all from me....for now.
'bye friends, take care,
Bee
Way Hey Bee (closest rellie on the forum...) :) Nice to see you on this new forum. Best regards to "the Duchess"!!

Here is a bit of nostalgia for you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Little h
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Well we had a brilliant day today and spent most of it either in the Maritime Museum or the Cutty Sark
I have walked myself to a standstill and now paying for it :evil:
Karen has been an angel and extreamly patient with me whilst I have been like a. Kid in a Harrods toy shop :P
Still on the good side we have loads of photos , just hope they turn out alright when downloaded on the computer once back home .

I can confirm that what dear Tim has told me for years is fact ...... Greenwich IS a great place with something for everything . No matter if you just,iike browsing markets and old world shops , eating , drinking or reasearching Navy facts or all these as we have and had a great time here without breaking the bank in the process :D
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Pleased you both had a great time at Greenwich and there was lots to see.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

Certainly was Jim .

Please see my PM :idea:
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

Hi Wardrobers . Ten days away and things seem to be moving nicely . Great to hear from Lady Bee and hopefully the Duchess , read in earlier posts that we were looking for her contact [which I have in my Xmas File] but then saw she had pitched up . BZ Bee .

Seems you had a great time in the big Smoke Ledbootz ,again BZ.

All this while I was Blue Coating [RN Hospital Overalls] . The pump went on the blink again so it was back to the Workshop for yet another Angiogram - this time they found another severely narrowed line and treated it with a balloon job which they hope [and moi] stays stretched. Will find out when they go in again in January to check it is holding , otherwise it will be another Stent. Home again now on a recovery programme. ;) Jesus wotsit , oi dus loik livin' dangeroose . :)

Gotta hold the hammy , eggy , cheesey wotsits wiv der Beetroot fer a tad or tew ..... but not for long . :twisted:

Thanks fer oldin' der fort Sekrit but I'se bak facin' n' swingin :roll:

El Tel [aka DaveH]
jbryce1437

DaveH wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:59 pm Hi Wardrobers . Ten days away and things seem to be moving nicely . Great to hear from Lady Bee and hopefully the Duchess , read in earlier posts that we were looking for her contact [which I have in my Xmas File] but then saw she had pitched up . BZ Bee .

Seems you had a great time in the big Smoke Ledbootz ,again BZ.

All this while I was Blue Coating [RN Hospital Overalls] . The pump went on the blink again so it was back to the Workshop for yet another Angiogram - this time they found another severely narrowed line and treated it with a balloon job which they hope [and moi] stays stretched. Will find out when they go in again in January to check it is holding , otherwise it will be another Stent. Home again now on a recovery programme. ;) Jesus wotsit , oi dus loik livin' dangeroose . :)

Gotta hold the hammy , eggy , cheesey wotsits wiv der Beetroot fer a tad or tew ..... but not for long . :twisted:

Thanks fer oldin' der fort Sekrit but I'se bak facin' n' swingin :roll:

El Tel [aka DaveH]
Welcome back Dave. I hope they have sorted you out now and hope you soon back to training for the next Olympics :)

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

Thats a bolt out of the Blue Dave [ sorry for the pun mate, but you leave yourself wide open :D

Seriously , so sorry to hear this news and hope your feeling a bit brighter now ......yes I know your an old hand at these blow up jobbies but you frighten the crap out of us lot knowing how poorly you have been :cry:

Have been thinking of you and "Jim lad" all weekend , as we hadn't heard from you and thought something was amiss :evil:

Glad your in good spirits so stay well , and stay safe

Warm regards Ivor and Karen [ your Shoreham girl ].
ivorthediver

Whilst wandering through Greenwich market I happened against an Art Shop where in I spied these and laughed out loud , and thought "I must show these to the Lads on the Forum"

Well having now previewed this post , I Notice that whilst these were entered in the right way around they have "Turned" which seems quite appropriate if you believe the claims that Comrade Trump has turned :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jbryce1437

ivorthediver wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:05 pm Whilst wandering through Greenwich market I happened against an Art Shop where in I spied these and laughed out loud , and thought "I must show these to the Lads on the Forum"

Well having now previewed this post , I Notice that whilst these were entered in the right way around they have "Turned" which seems quite appropriate if you believe the claims that Comrade Trump has turned :lol:
Very funny Ivor :lol:
I sorted the orientation
Jim
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

Happy Birthday Dennis :!: trust you Enjoy your birthday
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Wardroom”