Wardroom

Want some off topic chat? Pull up a bar stool and make yourself at home here
ivorthediver

Re: WARDROOM

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Well done , at least you have some of the box's crossed off eh ;)
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

I thought that I had found a way to view the old WNSF pages via https://archive.org/about/ Archive which boast copies of 279billon web pages: but it appears they only took snapshots of the Home page and not the rest. Looking through the link I found for earlier this year there are still lots of regular names that will be unaware of this Forum as, at the moment, it does not show up in any of the search engine that I have tried.
https://web.archive.org/web/20170308172 ... 80/forums/
Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

Well done you Jim , certainly worth a try , but with the best motivation in the world as your health is a bit suspect please don't go over doing it till your back on line please :|
Karen

Unread post by Karen »

Have emailed Bee and Jonti....
There’s Nothing A British Boy Cannot Do
ivorthediver

Karen wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:19 pm Have emailed Bee and Jonti....
Ok what i think Karen was trying to relay Jim was that she has found 2 email addresses to Lady Bee , and Jonti , both of whom live in Australia so she has sent details of the new forum .........A case of economy of words .......rarely seen that before in her ....
INCOMING :o
ivorthediver

Thank you my precious one [ ducks] :roll:
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

ivorthediver wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:08 pm
Karen wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:19 pm Have emailed Bee and Jonti....
Ok what i think Karen was trying to relay Jim was that she has found 2 email addresses to Lady Bee , and Jonti , both of whom live in Australia so she has sent details of the new forum .........A case of economy of words .......rarely seen that before in her ....
INCOMING :o
Thats brilliant Ivor, hope other members will check their address books for former members too.
As I was supposed to be away on holiday this week, I have brought forward my blood test from next Monday to tomorrow, but not sure how long the results will take to come through - probably the day after I am back on my feet. :D

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

Well needless to say we will be thinking of you tomorrow when down in Greenwich , fingers crossed eh :)
ivorthediver

Well. Down here and soused out the area , so tomorrow we’re off with cameras to take pics of Greenwich Naval attractions
Had Avery nice trip around Greenwich and bought a second hand sex tent to help me find my way back home , now all I have to do is read up on how to use it .

Had scones and cream in the grounds beside “Lewin Gates” and took our bearings ready for the photo shoot ....watch this space
Bee

Unread post by Bee »

Hi All,
So this is where you've all got to whilst I've been away. Can't turn my back for a second...(okay maybe a year or so...but who's counting.) 'tis great to be back, albeit in a different vessel. :) I can't believe that the old WNSF is gone ?? (Hopefully it is archived and will be available to view in the future. I don't know what happened but have great faith that K.C. will do what he can.) Anyway, good on the rest of you for getting this site up and running. I'm sure it'll be fully crewed soon enough. Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do....For a start - a very belated "congratulations to Ivor and Karen." :D (and thankyou Karen for your email and letting me know of the change of location and sending a working link to this site. I'll try to let others know about it.) I think I have a few email addresses.
Also, thankyou to Tim Lewin for making this forum available. I know that the demise of WNSF would have upset a lot of long time contributors....so it's great that you've done this.
Also Happy Birthday to at least one of the other Wardroom Leos on here, whilst we're still in August.
Also Jim, hope any news is good news....please recover soon.
Little H....(I still remember the ice picture on your bonnet....) I think that must have been one of my first posts.... (closest rellie on the forum...)
Also, I might get "the Duchess" (aka my Mum) to join again (not that she ever posted anything - but she did enjoy swapping war time stories/experiences with Edna outside of the forum.) We need a bit of extra vintage in here....The Duchess is 91 now and has her sights set on 100....although she's taking it day by day.
Right that's all from me....for now.
'bye friends, take care,
Bee
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Wardroom”