Wardroom

Want some off topic chat? Pull up a bar stool and make yourself at home here
ivorthediver

Re: WARDROOM

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Ive heard that the German medical services are continuing to treat er "Russian" post vaccination vaccines
Jim with varying degrees of success if treated quickly enough :roll:

In the meantime where should we forward your sympathy cards and payment for the many toasts we will have towards your eminent recovery :roll:
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

ivorthediver wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:31 pm Ive heard that the German medical services are continuing to treat er "Russian" post vaccination vaccines
Jim with varying degrees of success if treated quickly enough :roll:

In the meantime where should we forward your sympathy cards and payment for the many toasts we will have towards your eminent recovery :roll:
Many thanks comrade. Roubles accepted in all denominations, up spiritski

Jimski
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

Well what delights will befall us next one wonders :?:

The virus continues to increase daily and the politicians argue amongst themselves of what our PM should have done , and the opposition berate our PM claiming the high ground even thou they haven't a clue what to do next thats a viable option .

Our PM certainly cut himself a raw deal when becoming elected and despite which party you elected I personally think he did better than the opposition would have done, bearing in mind everyone is accountable at the end of the day :evil:

Personally I switch off the news whenever I can as you could abstain listening for a month and still hear the same garbage being resurrected, dissected , and re entered for a postmortem the same day .

I am amazed at the self appointed X " perts " who seek self importance minute by minute and after bad mouthing our PM seek self appointment as an authority on a subject we knew nothing about before the new year .... :roll:

Overnight its claimed we are all mentally unstable due to the pressure brought about by the virus,
and almost overnight no one can get an appointment with their GP for any existing condition which it would seem.... no longer exists :!:

Yes we are ALL under varying degrees of pressure and most are facing financial hardship caused directly or indirectly by this virus but are we all quitting at the first hurdle :?:
not bloody likely , most of us are a generation of bread and dripping eaters ......and that didn't kill us .....but if we assimilate all this apathy and ethnic bilge being dished up in Skip loads we stand no chance at recovery ............in time we will see that the " I want it and demand it now :!: .....its my rights " and bugger everyone else,... along with the self belief brigade that any rules issued apply to everyone else............ NOT ME..... will decimate this country :(

I am at an age now which has passed from optimism of a leisurely conclusion in life to one of "Who will rip me off next" or which email is a scam and my circle of optimism is withdrawn to my immediate circle of friends and that is headed by my dearest wife who I now involve in all decisions and points of anything that impinges our life ....What a sad state to reach in life having tried hard to navigate a course through life giving consideration to all I meet :oops:

I am very lucky in having a soul mate whom has been through the mill of life along with many sad diversions , and I trust implicitly ......and I feel so sad for those who have no one by their side to unwind with and share life's bits of fractured glass as you tread your passage through life .

I sincerely hope that there is someone to share their burden with them .......in this single respect I count myself being very lucky indeed

Stay safe , stay sane ,remember where you were born and your values in your birthright in life....
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

Ee Ivor lad .... that's a reet gud rant and every word of it is echoed darn ere in God's Country , sorry , Devon and all that you say agreed by this good Sussex lad . Shoreham Girl will surely keep your boat afloat and on a steady course as will my Devon dumpling .

The majority of the wimps today , especially the young and our politicians , would not have survived thru' the two wars and the aftermaths . Too busy looking after their own images , politicians full of pee and importance , students spoilt self centred self indulgent peasants who think the world owes them .... what I ask ....... they haven't earnt anything yet . Sadly , I guess we , wrongly so , tar all students with the same brush when like all the clowns who mass gather ""exercising"" their right to party in the face of hidden killer with no regard for the welfare of others .

That is my rant over for now .......... stay safe everyone , AS CAPT TOMS SAYS .... TOMORROW WILL BE A BETTER DAY .
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Command and Control
Featuring The Head Clown and his Spinning Parrots
Written by On the Hoof
Produced by M.C.
Special effects by Di Do
A daily series of tragic episodes.
See - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

THE SITE

Is it just me/my laptop? All posts on all threads are currently coming up in a plain white background?
No problem, just wondering if one of my settings is incorrect?
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Same here David ...............
jbryce1437

I have sent an email to Jack to highlight the problem.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

Thanks Jim , always keep you busy here don't they ..........you must have done something good in life ;)
jbryce1437

Looks like Jack has sorted it. Let me know if you are still having a problem.

Jim
Retired since 2002
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Wardroom”