Wardroom

Want some off topic chat? Pull up a bar stool and make yourself at home here
ivorthediver

Re: WARDROOM

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Thank you very much David , much of what I thought but not having served in the forces was basing this on observations made .

I knew how to check if they were live and that was my first step , but thanks for the advice and well intentioned thoughtfulness .

As I said to Jim I was most interested in the larger munition Fuses and was very surprised that they appear to be of turned Bronze rather than just brass which I thought was the norm .

Again my thanks for taking the trouble to find out for me , much appreciated .
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

ivorthediver wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:24 pm Thank you very much David , much of what I thought but not having served in the forces was basing this on observations made .

I knew how to check if they were live and that was my first step , but thanks for the advice and well intentioned thoughtfulness .

As I said to Jim I was most interested in the larger munition Fuses and was very surprised that they appear to be of turned Bronze rather than just brass which I thought was the norm .

As ever We Are Here To Serve Ivor. :roll:
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Pelican wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:07 pm
ivorthediver wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:24 pm Thank you very much David , much of what I thought but not having served in the forces was basing this on observations made .

They say actions speak louder than words , but I noticed my darling wife recently purchased two tins of Duraglit wadding ;)
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

ivorthediver wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:55 pm
Pelican wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:07 pm

They say actions speak louder than words , but I noticed my darling wife recently purchased two tins of Duraglit wadding ;)
Hands to Loving care stations. :)
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

WELL TODAY HAS NOT BEEN A GOOD ONE .

Returned from Worthing hospice having been down to visit Mark White [ Chalky's 42 year old son who has been fighting a two year battle with Cancer and brain tumours ] only to receive a call here that he passed away shortly after we left to return home .

Poor Karen is as you would expect very upset indeed , and we can only assume that he had had enough of the fight and passed to another berth bless him .

Such a waste of life at such a young age , and he will be missed by his friends very much indeed as well as Karen who now feels isolated and alone since her family have all left her now .....but I will do my best to comfort her ........naturally

Mark White 1978 - 2021 RIP and look out for "Chalky" who worshipped his son .
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

ivorthediver wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:34 pm WELL TODAY HAS NOT BEEN A GOOD ONE .

Returned from Worthing hospice having been down to visit Mark White [ Chalky's 42 year old son who has been fighting a two year battle with Cancer and brain tumours ] only to receive a call here that he passed away shortly after we left to return home .

Poor Karen is as you would expect very upset indeed , and we can only assume that he had had enough of the fight and passed to another berth bless him .

Such a waste of life at such a young age , and he will be missed by his friends very much indeed as well as Karen who now feels isolated and alone since her family have all left her now .....but I will do my best to comfort her ........naturally

Mark White 1978 - 2021 RIP and look out for "Chalky" who worshipped his son .
Hello Ivor,
very sorry to hear such terrible news of his passing, so soon after his mother. My thoughts are with you and Karen at this very sad time. My condolences to you both.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

PUTIN IN THE NEWS AGAIN

Twitter, a short thread - Go to - https://twitter.com/shaunwalker7/status ... 1694649345 -- and keep scrolling down.
jbryce1437

Pelican wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:38 pm PUTIN IN THE NEWS AGAIN

Twitter, a short thread - Go to - https://twitter.com/shaunwalker7/status ... 1694649345 -- and keep scrolling down.
Brilliant :lol:

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
Retired since 2002
jbryce1437

Anyone in touch with Harry Gibbon, Littleh?
He contacted me to say that he has been unable to log into the Forum and I told him that I would ask Jack to look into it. Jack got back in touch to ask if Harry was still having a problem logging in and I recontacted him last week but he hasn't replied.

Jim
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

not recently Jim , but very little "chat" nowadays sadly , if it wasn't for Pelican there would be even less ..........
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Wardroom”