Wardroom

Want some off topic chat? Pull up a bar stool and make yourself at home here
ivorthediver

Re: WARDROOM

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Hi Gang how are you all faring , well we hope and that the "Via Us " has passed you by and that you are all in fine fettle .

Now that things have eased off a little [ but as we all know by the selfish antics of the stupid half wits that display their self indulgent actions
that there certainly will be another bout of the lockdown later on in this year
whilst observing the current legislation and C.V. rules ,....we have ventured out of home to get both a change of scenery and to stimulate our grey matter , during which we finally got to partake in a much diluted visit to the Black Country museum in Dudley , which was well worth the trouble and expense .

To minimise any contact with the public we dug out the Primus to make meals and coffee both on site and at the venues which worked well and if anything added a bit of fun to our sortie.

The thing that surprised us was that even the cost of buying tables chairs , cool box's camping gas we were still in pocket as against what we usually forked out for pub meals / snacks ,, so a good time at minimal cost , aided by mental stimulus was the outcome . so we will be adding to our "via-gem" [ a bit like the Beverly hill billies ] ;)
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Well done Ivor, enjoy the country air. Unfortunately, decorating season is upon us and I am in the process of spreading around 15 litres of paint onto various surfaces around the abode. Knees arms and hips suffering from paralysis ;-)

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

Well looking on the brighter side of life Jim , its better than " Painting Ship " I suppose ;) .
jbryce1437

ivorthediver wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:26 pm Well looking on the brighter side of life Jim , its better than " Painting Ship " I suppose ;) .
At least you got sunburnt :lol:

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
Retired since 2002
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Something a little different to view.

The Mayflower Returns! 4K Drone Experience!

BSGT2TREKFAN88
After a lengthy $11.2 Million Dollar restoration, and being delayed from a Tropical Storm and a Pandemic, the historic Mayflower II finally makes her long awaited return to America's Hometown of Plymouth, MA! It has been a passion of mine tracking and filming the mayflower since she left in 2016, the completion of her restoration at Mystic Seaport, and her extended layover in the historic New Bedford Harbor due to Tropical Storm Isaias and of course her triumphant return to Plymouth, MA! My goal with taking the time and effort to film and edit all this to bring her return to all of you watching this! I would like to thank my friends, and family for there support in this adventure! This was certainly a sight to see as thousands of people lined the canal to witness the spectacle that is the return of the Mayflower II!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

A Rare and magnificent sight David ......thanks for posting it .
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

ivorthediver wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:09 pm A Rare and magnificent sight David ......thanks for posting it .
You are welcome Ivor. Was wondering where to post the following. A bit different to my Pelican!

RN HYDROGRAPHER TAKES ON EXCITING SAILING ADVENTURE
24 August 2020
Royal Navy sailor Jennifer Whalley is crewing a tall ship around Britain to pave the way for young scientists following in the footsteps of Charles Darwin.

The 31-year-old hydrographer based in Plymouth has joined TS Pelican to ensure hi-tech survey equipment installed is ready for a two-year adventure retracing the route the legendary 19th Century naturalist took in HMS Beagle.

Continues, including photos, at
https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-l ... -adventure
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

A splendid adventure David and we wish her and the crew the very best and a fair wind with a following Sea for her voyage .
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

Good luck to them all . Fair Winds and Safe Harbours all the way . Hope they keep us in the loop as they advance .
jbryce1437

Letting you all know that I've volunteered for the Russian vaccine trials held here in Sunderland. I received my first shot at 14:30. It’s completely safe with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι χoρoshό я чувствую себя немного странно и я думаю, что вытащил ослиные уши.
Retired since 2002
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Wardroom”