Wardroom

Want some off topic chat? Pull up a bar stool and make yourself at home here
ivorthediver

Re: WARDROOM

Unread post by ivorthediver »

I don't know about. " Moderate " ,,,,,,I'd say Excellent personally speaking ;)

Thanks Jim ........
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
ivorthediver

Well what a miserable few days we have had lately due to faults since losing our phone line .

We were out in the garden and came in to see our broadband light flashing [ B>T>] and we often comment on our neighbours distress when their Virgin link goes off [ regally where we live ] .

we contacted our council as we are in sheltered warden controlled housing and pay for emergency bleepers should we fall or be unwell , but when we reported it they said there was nothing they could do as one of us had a mobile :evil: ? which makes you wonder why we pay for a service that we may not have access to ?

so we then had the feeling of being like a hank of knotless thread and worrying what to do or who else we could seek help from :oops:

BT said that it would be Tuesday the earliest before they could find out what the problem was :oops: , and all the time our help line is bleeping telling us we have no connection with our landline being faulty ....so that was turned off.

So no emails on our computer , no forum , no amazon , no nothing ..........GOD how did we manage before .....

Then out of the blue this evening an engineer called and said a broken wire was discovered in a local junction control box which was now repaired and back to normal ......so rushed in and checked and back to normality again , and our household can relax again ............wont be so uncharitable in future . :oops:
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Welcome back Ivor, cancel the direct debit to the Council, I bet they are quick to contact you then ;-)

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Scottish fisheries vessel expels EU trawler from UK waters
January 6, 202120
The Marine Scotland vessel Jura expelled an Irish trawler from UK waters off Rockall on Monday.

See:
https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/scottis ... CdVGI0qnJI

[What is the Virgin Sturgeon up to? How to make friends and influence people when you wish to rejoin the EU after leaving the U.K.!]
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Well it was only a matter of time before it happened eh David , and she's the ole cranky to do it but this will be only the tip of the iceberg now the Brexit deal is over
jbryce1437

Today, in Sunderland Marina, I suspect the bunting tosser on Pelican wasn't aware that he was flying the Union flag upside down.

Jim

DSC03141a.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

Did he have a French accent by any chance Jim ? [ ignore the hat its a rues... :roll: [bit off course from Dover or were the tides agin him :roll:

Sacra- bluer..........[yes I know.... but I have enough problem with English never mind Frog parle ] this lobster fishing boat better head home to Brittany again me thinks eh ....tell him south east.... the bit that sticks out past the OPV 's the RN have got out there off their shore line ....can't miss it..... just sniff the air for Garlic ;)

by the way has anyone told David his boats been nicked :shock:
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

ivorthediver wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:44 pm Did he have a French accent by any chance Jim ? [ ignore the hat its a rues... :roll: [bit off course from Dover or were the tides agin him :roll:

Sacra- bluer..........[yes I know.... but I have enough problem with English never mind Frog parle ] this lobster fishing boat better head home to Brittany again me thinks eh ....tell him south east.... the bit that sticks out past the OPV 's the RN have got out there off their shore line ....can't miss it..... just sniff the air for Garlic ;)

by the way has anyone told David his boats been nicked :shock:
Such things would have never happened in my time Ivor, especially as we were the leader of the 3rd F.S.
The following refers to the attached:
"A Pelican Befriended A Stray Dog Who Was Often Spotted Hanging Out All Alone Along The Boat Docks. The Man Who Photographed This Has Adopted Him But Brings Him Back Every Day To See His Friend, Petey The Pelican"
Which by coincidence was sent to me this morning.
Meanwhile Pelican lives on - https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/ ... ns-voyage/
Also - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelican_of_London
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
jbryce1437

Nice one David. The errant sailor is still flying his flag upside down but too far off to tell him :-)

Jim
Retired since 2002
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

OGGIE, OGGIE, OGGIE ~~~~~~~~~~~:

https://www.cornwallpasties.co.uk/?fbcl ... 7Bwrky8jUE

With the isolating-shielding Janners in mind.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Wardroom”