Wardroom

Want some off topic chat? Pull up a bar stool and make yourself at home here
DaveH

Wardroom

Unread post by DaveH »

Sitrep for Lady Shoreham . Theradio shak will be ready for the white gloves job when I have got rid of all the accumulated muck and got my
head round this new fit . Watch this space and smell the coffee , then it will be up and at 'em .

Dave h [aka El Tel]
ivorthediver

Re: WARDROOM

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Spoken like a pro El Tel , incidentally I have transmitted an electronic what'sit call to your oppo in plain english so not sure if a scouser will be able to translate it and react ;)
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
ivorthediver

Well I owe him an apology as he is now back amongst us again :lol:
ivorthediver

Well this new Wardroom is akin to the old ship we used to haunt , with so many threads to chose from and all under one deck feel quite at home here , just need some of the old hands [well assuming they can make it here and find a parking bay to put their blue badge up in the screen ] and we are ready to call muster and commission the next cruise :D
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Been under the weather all week and finally dragged myself to the docs this afternoon after finding a swelling on my neck. I only did it as a last resort as I was supposed to be travelling up to Aviemore for the week to meet up with No1 son and his family - they have spent this week at Dingwall and move camp tomorrow.
Not feeling fit enough to travel tomorrow but might postpone it until Sunday, if the antibiotics work on my swollen thyroid. My wife (who is watching all the weather forecasts and is reluctant to go) reckons Monday looks a better day to travel. The good news is, if I do go, the house has Wifi so I should be able to log in.
On a brighter note, I found EdnaMays email address and she has now joined but is yet to make a post, which I am sure she will master. Edna lives on the IOW and was regular contributer to WNSF.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

So Sorry to hear that your under the weather Jim , and that you have had to reschedule your plans , but hope it will be a better belated trip , than none at all. :cry:

Good to hear Edna's on the way back home , and yet another one lands .

From one who also has a wise woman at hand... be guided by her rather than your instincts and try to pace yourself till fully recovered again .

There is nothing more important than your health so don'
t be to impulsive and ensure your fully recovered .........end of Lecture !

Take good care of yourself mate ....warm regards Ivor and Karen
ivorthediver

Well my birthday treat draws nearer , and you will get some peace for a few days when we get down to Greenwich , and pray the weather holds .

So far we have booked up for the Cutty Sark , the Maritime Museum , the Old Naval College , and the Queens House , and no doubt we will squeeze in the observatory !

Camera checked and packed so hopeful of some good shots for you Jim , so wish me luck with the weather :D

We travel down on the Thursday and will stay two nights so should have enough time to see some of whats on offer

House minder is ready to feed the Guard Dog's so hope to be able to relax and enjoy the break
jbryce1437

Good luck with the visit Ivor hope the weather stays nice and bright for you both. Had to pull the plug on my holiday as I am not up to driving for over 5 hours, prob feel worse today but, hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

Hi Jim , you must be telepathic I was thinking only a short while ago how you were getting on with your neck issue and said to Karen I really must check , without you mate we might be in a worse mess God forbid :!:

Has anybody diagnosed what it is yet and how long before it clears up :?:

All joking aside Jim at our time of life you have to start looking a little further ahead and avoid events overtaking the problem , so please be careful .

Thank you for your good wishes , and was there anything in particular you wanted pictures of and I will endeavour to take them for you with the greatest of pleasure :)
jbryce1437

Hello Ivor, no word about what is wrong only mentioned what it isn't :D
I could have added lots of things to that list. :D :)
Thanks for both your thoughts
Jim
Retired since 2002
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Wardroom”