Radio Controlled Scale models

Building a model? Need help with it? Show the work in progress or the completed project, etc.
ivorthediver

Re: Radio Controlled Scale models

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Good afternoon lads , no issues today and all returned home safely .to a full English

You may recall comments about the collective weight of " Lady Karen " and steps taken to relieve the issue of getting to the waters edge .

I mentioned the purchase of a folding Trolley and its various re-modelling results to reach a satisfactory result .

With a worsening spine problem which whilst bearable under high doses of Morphine , aid movement [ or obscure notion of it ] the weight issue has continued to play havoc and the final mod seems to be the solution or the best compromise .

The attachment shows my trolly pre mod , and since then I have drilled flooding holes / drainage holes in the hefty ABS frame which nestles in the top of the trolly, but to enhance launch and recovery I cut off the rear loop of black steel frame on the top rear end of the trolley, reversed it and refitted it with self tapping bolts to ensure rigidity which now enables the ABS frame to be lifted out of the trolly .

With another member holding onto the other side of the upper span of the ABS frame , it can be lifted up and then carried to the water and lowered into the drink which fills and sinks away from the hull base

Had a near escape on the first run when due to the weight, some of the glued joints slipped , but overcame this by drilling and pinning the joints in addition to re-glueing them

The flooding holes fill the frame with water , which drops and allows the model to float clear ensuring the drive train is and remains undamaged !

The reverse applies and when lifted up out of the water and over to the slipway base allows the water to drain out of the frame and after a short interlude.... drain....and lifted back into the trolly where the batteries can be removed and the superstructure refitted ready for ferrying back to the car to be taken home .

Once there it can be lifted out, within the ABS frame, and placed back on the rear seat of the car [ which fills the three seats available ] and hence home safe and sound .

A bit of a fad but there is always willing hands to help at the lakeside so this way everyone is happy ....and safe !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Model Makers Section”