Spanish Navy

Add your posts about Other Navies, not already listed, here
Brian James

Re: Spanish Navy

Unread post by Brian James »

Lead Ship, Dreadnought Battleship ESPS España pictured sinking after hitting a mine in the Bay of Biscay on April 30th 1937.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Re: Spanish Navy

Unread post by Pelican »

Navy Lookout
Spanish Guardia Civil patrol boat Rio Belelle M55 crashed into a runway light stanchion while in Gibraltar Territorial Waters last night. Believed it was in pursuit of a RIB and shots may have been fired.
The boat sustained significant damage and had to be lifted out of the water and is now on the hard at Alcaidesa Marina.

Gibraltar Chronicle
10th April 2024
A Guardia Civil patrol boat crashed into a runway light opposite Waterport Terraces on Wednesday night.

The vessel was operating just off land when the incident happened at around 10.18pm, with many people in the area reporting it to the Royal Gibraltar Police.

Video of the incident circulating on social media shows the Spanish vessel circling close to shore and heading back out into the Bay of Gibraltar at the time of the impact.

"The reports suggested that the collision had occurred moments after the Guardia Civil vessel had pursued a number of rigid hull inflatable vessels in the area, which had fled the scene," the RGP said in a statement.

"Reports also suggested that prior to the collision, sounds resembling the discharge of a firearm at sea had also been heard."

The RGP said personnel responded to the scene from land and a number of Gibraltar maritime assets deployed.

By then the vessels involved in the incident left the area towards Spain.

The RGP said no injuries were reported.

A investigation is under way and the Captain of the Port and Commissioner of Police have contacted their respective
counterparts in relation to the incident.

Continues https://www.chronicle.gi/guardia-civil- ... ucg6g25x39
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Navies”