Notifications of New Books, Etc.,

Let other members know of a good book that you are reading in this section
Pelican

Re: Notifications of New Books, Etc.,

Unread post by Pelican »

TRIBAL WARFARE

Dear All,

50 years ago the writer of this book, which I published today, was murdered in a vicious street attack by two thugs. A year before this happened he gave his original typescript, memoir, of his wartime service to my father. The writer, Archie Meiklem, from Glasgow, served his entire War in HMS Tartar, one of the four out of the original sixteen Tribal Class destroyers to survive to see Victory in 1945. My father also served most of the War in a Tribal, HMS Ashanti, it was at a reunion that Archie gave him this memoir. Since my father died in 1999 Archie’s typescript, in its neat red folder, has sat in my desk silently nagging me to be let out. Now its done, here it is. Copiously illustrated with my collected photos. When Archie wrote this, it was the present, only now is it history. Tartar served in the Arctic, Mediterranean, Italian landings, and the Western Approaches for D-day before sailing to join the war in the Far East. I hope some of you will read it, and some of you will send a review to Amazon with your thoughts.

Tim

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08CCKYSFB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Thank you Tim , I have read the sample and found it gripping and well told, as only a dab toe could , and would gladly buy it but dont use Kindle as stated previously , I still own the one I had but its broken and dont really want to get another
If it becomes available in other formats I would buy it [ preferably Audible books ] as its well worth it and well written

Kind regards Ivor
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

ivorthediver wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:17 pm Thank you Tim , I have read the sample and found it gripping and well told, as only a dab toe could , and would gladly buy it but dont use Kindle as stated previously , I still own the one I had but its broken and dont really want to get another
If it becomes available in other formats I would buy it [ preferably Audible books ] as its well worth it and well written

Kind regards Ivor
Tim sent this later Ivor:
Note: "But; you don’t need a kindle to read it, if you go to the amazon site you can download the kindle reader free to anything, phone, iPad, tablet, PC or laptop and read it on that."]
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

ivorthediver wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:17 pm Thank you Tim , I have read the sample and found it gripping and well told, as only a dab toe could , and would gladly buy it but dont use Kindle as stated previously , I still own the one I had but its broken and dont really want to get another

Kind regards Ivor
Ivor, for your MAC you can get it here for free.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
timlewin

Unread post by timlewin »

thanks everyone, if you actually log onto the link for the new book there is a tab in all of amazons books for kindle that says download reader here, just click on it and it will download to whatever you are using. I don't have a kindle but I read a lot of eBooks, I do this on a Samsung tablet vodafome gave me when I renewed my phone contract a couple of years ago. But I prepare, read, edit all the books on my PC and then when they are reprogrammed for publication I recheck them on the PC using the Kindle reader.
give it a go, there are tone of really good naval/military memoirs available only as eBooks, this is a blessing as publishing in print is hellish expensive, and then add to that the cost of distribution this book would be more than double in price. eBooks are a blessing to small publishers, and publications.
ivorthediver

Did try earlier Tim but my apple has tantrums every now and then so I will retry later on , and very grateful for the heads up on this as what I read so far was right up my street :)
timlewin

Unread post by timlewin »

if any o you get round to reading the new book please do put a review on Amazon, or whichever. Its on all the eBook platforms but 97% of sales are via amazon. When this book goes into the black, I will move onto the next one.
Tim
ivorthediver

Keep us posted please Tim. :)
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Mike Rothery H.M.S. Ganges

Fellow TROGS: Remembrance Day 2020
To Run Before the Sea – Special Poppy Day Edition.
This year, I'm donating one month's book-sales royalties to the Poppy Appeal.
£1.34 (Kindle) or £1.04 (Paperback) for each book purchased during the period will go to the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal 2020 - I have published a special edition of the book to commemorate the event.
As well as supporting our Services, Veterans and their Families, you will meet Rosie Winterbourne: a remarkable and original kind of action heroine.
Get yours here and support the Legion in these challenging times [Includes brief description]
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08FFRJF4F? ... 6yUDixhT1A
Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

A 3rd book has now been added to the 1st 2.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Book Club”