Cartoons

Got a clean joke, humourous dit, or a story to make us smile?, then post here
Pelican

Re: Cartoons

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:46 pm “First Command”

One of the comic naval postcards by the French artist Henri Gervèse.
“Henri Gervèse” was actually French Naval Lieutenant Charles Millot (1880-1959). He served as Liaison Officer with the British Eastern Mediterranean Fleet during WW1. This included a period with the Dardanelles Squadron based at Mudros, on the Greek island of Lemnos, during the Gallipoli Campaign. His comic observations of British naval life were produced in a series of thirty postcards, with captions in either French or English. The postcard series was titled “Our Sailors” or “Nos Marins.”

[I only served in small ships and rarely came across 'Midis' as we called them in those days.
My limited exeperience was that each respected the other and if prepared each could learn a lot.
A very well observed cartoon in respect of the detail, e.g. the badges and the dipping lug cutter etc.]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Re: Cartoons

Unread post by Pelican »

Happy St. David's day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Funny Thread”