Soviet Submarines

Add your posts about the Russian Navy in this section
Brian James

Re: Soviet Submarines

Unread post by Brian James »

RFS Dmitriy Donskoi pictured at Severodvinsk on February 15th 2019.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Apols if this is on the wrong thread but is Putin 'black cating' us?

Russian Poseidon Intercontinental Nuclear-Powered Nuclear-Armed Autonomous Torpedo

2м39 'Poseidon' (Посейдон) / 'Status-6' (Статус-6 / 'Skif' (Скиф) seabed launched variant / NATO: KANYON

Poseidon is the largest torpedo ever developed in any country. At around 2 meters (6.5 ft) in diameter and over 20 meters (65 ft) long, it is approximately twice the size of submarine launched ballistic missiles (SLBMs) and thirty times the size of a regular ‘heavyweight’ torpedo.
Details at - http://www.hisutton.com/Poseidon_Torpedo.html
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
designeraccd

Unread post by designeraccd »

Going back to soviet times; this seems to be a GOLF class missile sub in some distress....dockside! ;) DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Certainly doesn't look very happy does it Dennis , ;)
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
designeraccd

Views of other classes and units............DFO
ivorthediver

Thanks Dennis , the best way to view them ;)
timlewin

Unread post by timlewin »

one of my superb guests to the Victory Week hoolie in HMSB will be Captain Sergey Aprelev, a former cold war Soviet submariner who was he technical advisor to Hollywood for K19 Widowmaker, a boat he knew well. As part of their programme I will send their small group to Chatham where they can visit Ocelot. Ironically when the moguls were making K19 Sergey trained the actors onboard a Canadian O boat.

Ivor will join us for our evening reception so watch his space for a write up!
tim

PS when I hit on the project "Last Witness" to replace the masts of HMS Belfast the original yard selected for the work was Severodvinsk (which means literally "North Dvina City", the Dvina river is the river that runs through Archangelsk, this yard is on the opposite bank. The Yard there is called Zvedochka, in translation "Little Star", showing off! ultimately the masts were made by Severnaya Werf (Northern Wharf) in St Petersburg.
ivorthediver

timlewin wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:05 pm one of my superb guests to the Victory Week hoolie in HMSB will be Captain Sergey Aprelev, a former cold war Soviet submariner who was he technical advisor to Hollywood for K19 Widowmaker, a boat he knew well. As part of their programme I will send their small group to Chatham where they can visit Ocelot. Ironically when the moguls were making K19 Sergey trained the actors onboard a Canadian O boat.

Ivor will join us for our evening reception so watch his space for a write up!
tim

PS when I hit on the project "Last Witness" to replace the masts of HMS Belfast the original yard selected for the work was Severodvinsk (which means literally "North Dvina City", the Dvina river is the river that runs through Archangelsk, this yard is on the opposite bank. The Yard there is called Zvedochka, in translation "Little Star", showing off! ultimately the masts were made by Severnaya Werf (Northern Wharf) in St Petersburg.
Tim please see my PM sent today :)
ivorthediver

Looking forward to meeting him Tim :D , [should I conceal a hip flask upon my person with a decent Malt in it :oops: ]
designeraccd

A much newer sov.......err Russian sub: Project 885 with her emergency escape capsule removed from her sail. :o

Also, a view with intact sail......... DFO
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Russian Navy”