Poseidon MRA Mk 1

Add any information about Coastal Command and Maritime Patrol topics in this section
Little h

Re: Poseidon MRA Mk 1

Unread post by Little h »

A sequence of recent updates on the Poseidon MRA Mk 1 twitter account

P-8A Poseidon RAF
@P8A_PoseidonRAF
May 7

It’s great to see the first Poseidon build progressing. The wings are being joined to the @SpiritAero fuselage at @BoeingDefense’s facility in Renton where it will soon be joined by @MarshallADG’s fuel tanks. #ItsComing

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Royal Air Force
‏Verified account @RoyalAirForce
8:00 AM - 7 May 2019

The first UK P-8 Poseidon is really starting to take shape; the wings have been fitted to the fuselage by @Boeing.

This will soon be joined by the UK manufactured @MarshallADG fuel tanks in the coming weeks.
D5-MvxaWwAAPlts.jpg large.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P-8A Poseidon RAF
@P8A_PoseidonRAF
May 9

In late 2018 our SEEDCORN crews, flying from @USNavy @NASJAX_, took part in cooperative events with @HMSQNLZ off the US coast. Looking forward, the first UK Poseidon is in production, our crews are in training, and we’re preparing for delivery in October. #TBThursday #ItsComing
D6JHo8oWAAAu2cy.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The image that accompanies the 'SEEDCORN CREWS' (above) can be seen in the QEC Carriers thread (posted by David/Pelican) - it records a Poseidon P8A overflying the QE R08 during Westlant 18
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Little h
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Thanks Harry , any further update on the arrival in October ?
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Little h

NavyLookout Retweeted
P-8A Poseidon RAF
@P8A_PoseidonRAF
Jun 8

The first 2 UK Poseidon crews from @RAFLossiemouth are nearing the end of their conversion course as RAF crews 3 & 4 are starting their flying phase at @NASJax_ with the @USNavy’s P-8 training squadron. The course includes low level & formation flying. #NoOrdinaryJob #ItsComing

D8i-ugSWkAISlzr.jpg

My comment; Open link to read comments including references to absence of an air-to-air refuelling probe.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Little h
ivorthediver

Duly noted Harry .
Little h

NavyLookout Retweeted
Woodys Aeroimages
@AeroimagesChris
9h9 hours ago

The 1st P-8 for @P8A_PoseidonRAF is now painted and on the flight line undergoing pre-flight preparations for its first flight.

--------------------------------

To view 4 x images and read the comments please open the link (above) to Woodys Aeroimages
Little h
ivorthediver

Thanks Harry , great to see it getting nearer , it looks quite tame for a surveillance AC , thought it would be dressed with more ariels / scanners ,....... or....... is that a need to know thing :oops:
Little h

ivorthediver wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:16 pm Thanks Harry , great to see it getting nearer , it looks quite tame for a surveillance AC , thought it would be dressed with more ariels / scanners ,....... or....... is that a need to know thing :oops:
Check out the captioned diagram I included in this thread (page 2) in the following post:-

Post by Little h » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:49 pm
The 737 - MMA / P-8A “Poseidon” The Boeing 737 Technical Sit
Little h
ivorthediver

Thanks Harry but this abbreviated jargon goes over my head I'm afraid , whilst I'm sure your right , it doesn't look like a surveillance/ ASW detection bit of kit .even though you assure me it is ......what with no revolving antenna like the USA use :oops: :oops: :oops:

I note the spinal array as a physical detection clue but the other kit is invisible to the layman [ for all the right reasons I'm sure ] and with this streamlined appearance does a better job thats for sure , but if your sure its the dogs rowlocks , I must be assured it is :(
Little h

ivorthediver wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:00 am Thanks Harry but this abbreviated jargon goes over my head I'm afraid , whilst I'm sure your right , it doesn't look like a surveillance/ ASW detection bit of kit .even though you assure me it is ......what with no revolving antenna like the USA use :oops: :oops: :oops:

I note the spinal array as a physical detection clue but the other kit is invisible to the layman [ for all the right reasons I'm sure ] and with this streamlined appearance does a better job thats for sure , but if your sure its the dogs rowlocks , I must be assured it is :(
it doesn't look like a surveillance/ ASW detection bit of kit .even though you assure me it is ......what with no revolving antenna like the USA use

Are you thinking of AWACS Ivor ... the RAF have them already (complete with a revolving antenna) ... A3D Sentry AEW Mk1
Little h
ivorthediver

yes Harry ........but don't understand how the Poseidon works :oops:

Awacs scans the horizon and detects advisories on radar , classifies the threat and relays the information for others to prosecute .........how does the Poseidon operate in broad terms please barring in mind we are talking about Submarines underwater :?:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Coastal Command and Maritime Patrol Aircraft”