Aircraft Carriers: USS Gerald Ford

Add your posts about the US Navy in this section
designeraccd

Re: Aircraft Carriers: USS Gerald Ford

Unread post by designeraccd »

Underway in 2017....and $till NOT operational. My tax $$$$$$$$$$$$$ at "work"........ :x However, nobody has been held accountable for the continuing malfunctions of various major systems on this $13 BILLION and still counting carrier. DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Aircraft carrier Gerald Ford finishes post-delivery tests and trials

The aircraft carrier Gerald Ford has wrapped up its post-delivery test and trials.
The year-and-a-half-long trials, which commenced in October 2019, included certifying the flight deck, embarking the air wing and many other tasks, the Navy said.
The last stage — the combat systems qualification trials — involved a live-fire exercise in which the crew “destroyed rocket-propelled drones capable of speeds in excess of 600 miles per hour; towed drone units that simulated incoming rockets; and remote-controlled, high-speed maneuvering surface targets,” according to a Navy news release.
Continues at:
https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-nav ... goKIC7f-Z4
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

USS FORD UNDERGOING SHOCK TRIALS 100 MILES OFF FLORIDA

https://www.facebook.com/intdefnews/pho ... 4622749570
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

just as well they don't use rivet plating nowadays eh David
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

ivorthediver wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:02 pm just as well they don't use rivet plating nowadays eh David
I was wondering if they were checking how the 'propulsion unit' reacted Ivor.
designeraccd

Note that in the released USN photos the "ED$EL" was moving at a crawl........... ;) DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

designeraccd wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm Note that in the released USN photos the "ED$EL" was moving at a crawl........... ;) DFO
Apols but you have lost me re "EDSEL" = ? Its an age thing!
designeraccd

The EDSEL was a 1958-1960 Ford car that was a "TURKEY": i.e. did not sell. The U$N FORD so far has never been deployed on a mission; primarily because much of its "transformational" technology has NOT worked! OTOH, we USofA taxpayer$ get to pour more and more $$$$$ into her. Plus, lucky us, 2 more are building........... :( Meanwhile the NIMITZ class performs........DFO
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

designeraccd wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:01 pm The EDSEL was a 1958-1960 Ford car that was a "TURKEY": i.e. did not sell. The U$N FORD so far has never been deployed on a mission; primarily because much of its "transformational" technology has NOT worked! OTOH, we USofA taxpayer$ get to pour more and more $$$$$ into her. Plus, lucky us, 2 more are building........... :( Meanwhile the NIMITZ class performs........DFO
Thank you, what the P.R. people would probably explain as teething problems.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Yes... she does seem to have had more than her fair share of "Problems" and bad press Denis and in that sense we feel for you mate [ or is it that our " EDSEL's " are better disguised from the Tax payers :roll: ...]

Wait till she goes up the Melaka straits Denis and frighten's the " opposition" then she may have proved her worth ;)
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “United States Navy”