Aircraft Carriers: USS Gerald Ford

Add your posts about the US Navy in this section
designeraccd

Re: Aircraft Carriers: USS Gerald Ford

Unread post by designeraccd »

Perhaps, like the former head of PLAN CV program, some of HI rank should be held ACCOUNTABLE for this $13BILLYUN + excuse for a flat topped scow???

As a combat capaahBULL carrier.....it is not..........$TILL. :x $eems to rate right down there with the 3 ZUMWALTs, and the PO$ LC$s....... DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

An Boeing F/A-18F Super Hornet attached to the 'Black Lions' of Strike Fighter Squadron (VFA) 213 launches off USS Gerald R. Ford,Atlantic Ocean,June 7th 2020.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
designeraccd

The ED$EL breaks down......again: "The #EMALS launch system on #carrier GERALD R #FORD CVN78 was down for 5 days, halting fixed-wing flying operations for that time."

Dated June 8, 2020.

More at: https://news.usni.org/2020/06/08/uss-ge ... more-77264

OOPZ...time out, stop the war! :o

Only 3 years and X amount more BILLION$ and still not reliable....gr8.....NOT. :x DFO
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

I see C-in-C Tweets added his 3d's worth a few moons ago.
https://news.usni.org/2020/06/08/uss-ge ... more-77264
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

USS Gerald R. Ford — Almost a Carrier or Still a Berthing Barge?
http://www.oldsaltblog.com/2020/06/uss- ... more-55275
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

Grumman C-2A Greyhound.....USS Gerald R Ford,September 9th 2020.
designeraccd

Here is a very recent photo of the ED$EL II, aka JOHN F. KENNEDY fitting out............ :( DFO
designeraccd

A Spring 2019 view of her island being lowered on board the JFK. :) BIG crane!!! DFO
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Enterprise: The Navy Is Building the Most Powerful Aircraft Carrier Ever

Modular construction and digital engineering are bringing down costs and speeding up construction while allowing new designs to incorpoate lessons from previous aircraft carriers.

Progressing quietly beneath the ongoing discussion about just what the future may hold for America’s aircraft carriers, the Navy’s third Ford-class carrier is powering along toward being ready for duty.
While there is naturally much focus upon the first-in-class USS Ford, which is nearing its first deployment, as well as the second-in-class USS Kennedy, the new USS Enterprise (CVN 80) is slated for delivery by as soon as 2028. Construction on the ship began in 2017, and builders are now performing early manufacturing and structural fabrication, Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII) Vice President of New Construction Aircraft Carriers, Lucas Hicks, told The National Interest in a written statement.

Continues at:
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/ ... EeG8gYjqnU

[What are all those 'traffic lights' on top front edge of the bridge?]
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

(VIDEO) See the USS Gerald R. Ford underway on its own power for the first time

The USS Gerald R. Ford (CVN-78) is a leading United States Navy supercarrier. It’s the first of a new class of aircraft carriers named for the 38th United States President, Gerald Ford, who served in the Navy during World War II.

The new class of carrier is the first since USS Nimitz (CVN-68) in 1975, and the first new aircraft carrier introduced to the Navy since the USS George H.W. Bush (CVN-77) in 2009, according to the Navy.

USS Gerald R. Ford is the first of 10 planned Gerald R. Ford-class aircraft carriers intended to replace the Nimitz-class carrier, offering significant performance upgrades as compared to the Nimitz class carrier.

“Ford-class ships will deliver greater lethality, survivability, and joint interoperability, along with unmatched versatility and compatibility with continuing joint-force transformation – all at a reduced operating and maintenance cost to taxpayers,” according to the Navy’s All Hands magazine.

Watch the video below to see the USS Gerald R. Ford in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMByrJP0FIA
Full article at:
https://americanmilitarynews.com/2017/0 ... 3cLtmx4rRg
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “United States Navy”