Communications - Notifications of those who have crossed the bar

Post anything relating to Communications on this thread
Pelican

Communications - Notifications of those who have crossed the bar

Unread post by Pelican »

NICK BENNETT MBE
Tributes to Royal Navy hero who devoted his life to forces families
Nick Bennett MBE, who was also heavily involved in charities in Plymouth, has died at the age of 72
See - https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/p ... L9o3PEn1Gw
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Re: Communications - Notifications of those who have crossed the bar

Unread post by ivorthediver »

And i'm sure he will be dearly thought off by those who benefited from his work David
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

No.1 at Mercury
Unfortunately Rosemary CTB last year.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

CLIVE LESLIE DAVID TAVENER - From Danny Streather:

The funeral of the late Warrant Officer Radio Supervisor (Dave) Clive Leslie David Tavener will take place at Guildford Crematorium at 1330 on the 28th March. Further details, regarding donations, attendance etc will be released shortly.

Dave Taveners wifes post copied below gives you the information I promised would follow. Anyone requiring further info please PM me.
Dave Tavener’s funeral will take place on Thursday 28th March at 1.30pm at Guildford Crematorium. Any donations in lieu of Flowers would be most welcome to support this incredibly important charity. Cheques made out to Prostate Cancer Uk sent to Michael Miller Funeral Directors in Petersfield please. I will also be setting up a Just Giving page to be confirmed, and a donation box will be placed in the chapel and also afterwards at his celebration of life, again the venue to be confirmed. As you all know Dave loved his bright colours, so the dress code will be colours very welcome 😊 We hope that you will be able to attend the funeral and the celebration of Daves life afterwards. Please RSVP so that we have an idea of numbers for both the funeral and the celebration. Thank you xxx
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Sound like a great character David , and donations to a worthy cause striking down many unknowing victims I fear :(

My condolences to them to them all from us both .
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

James Ian Allan
The attached is from the current edition of the HMS Ganges Association Gazette which is self explanatory. If appropriate please respond to Chris Bell direct. I would be interested in any positive result.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

CTB - C.Y. 'TAFF' GLYNN MORRIS GANGES 1965

Hi everyone, some sad news.
Ex CY Taff (Glyn) Morris passed away at around 0130 [19th May] this morning. He joined Ganges in 1965.
Taff has been fighting his illness for some time but has now lost this final battle. His wife and family are happy for this information to be posted.
They are, of course, in our thoughts.
Chas Wakeman

[No other details available]
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Pelican wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:08 pm CTB - C.Y. 'TAFF' GLYNN MORRIS GANGES 1965

Ex CY Taff (Glyn) Morris passed away at around 0130 [19th May] this morning. He joined Ganges in 1965.
Taff has been fighting his illness for some time but has now lost this final battle. His wife and family are happy for this information to be posted.
Chas Wakeman

RIP Taff

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:08 pm CTB - C.Y. 'TAFF' GLYNN MORRIS GANGES 1965

Chas Wakeman

John Walker

Glyn, front row, left hand side as you look at photo. Privileged to have known him and worked with him since 1997. Great bloke, great oppo, gonna be greatly missed. RIP Glyn and stand easy. Your duty is done.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Chas Wakeman

Chas Wakeman

CY TAFF Morris's funeral will take place at 1530 on 31st May at St Wilfreds Church in Cowplain, Hants
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Communications”