General Naval Topics

Add your posts about Royal Navy ships in this section
ivorthediver

Re: General Naval Topics

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Thanks David , very informative post , and pleasing news to all concerned ......thanks
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

From Save the Navy:
Amongst a series of good news stories, Royal Navy ship numbers to be increased
This website has been covering the challenges faced by the Royal Navy since 2007 but it is hard to remember a time when there were so many positive developments in such a short period. There are still fundamental weaknesses in the fleet but there is now a little more substance in the claim that we have a ‘growing Royal Navy’.
Continues at - https://www.savetheroyalnavy.org/amongs ... OBxhVNiSrw
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Government rationale for tendering Fleet Solid Support Ships overseas criticised
[The political scene]
Former shipyard worker turned MP for Glasgow North East Paul Sweeney has criticised the Government for failing to restrict the tendering for Fleet Solid Support Ships to the UK.
During a recent debate on UK sovereign capability, All-Party Parliamentary Group for Shipbuilding & Ship Repair Vice-Chair Paul Sweeney pointed out that despite claims to the contrary from some corners, the UK was well within its rights to protect this tendering process from international competition:
Continues at - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/governm ... ZB0hMgw2ZE
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Pelican wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:47 pm From Save the Navy:
Amongst a series of good news stories, Royal Navy ship numbers to be increased
This website has been covering the challenges faced by the Royal Navy since 2007 but it is hard to remember a time when there were so many positive developments in such a short period. There are still fundamental weaknesses in the fleet but there is now a little more substance in the claim that we have a ‘growing Royal Navy’.
Continues at - https://www.savetheroyalnavy.org/amongs ... OBxhVNiSrw
Thank you David , good news is always welcome Eh .....

Good article on the number of recent Naval blunders on the RN site ...worth reading and helpful in refreshing our memories ;)
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

New military chiefs appointed
Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson has confirmed the new appointments of Vice Chief of the Defence Staff, First Sea Lord and Chief of Naval Staff, Chief of the Air Staff and Commander Joint Forces Command.
For details see - https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new- ... -appointed
ivorthediver

More boys to take over cracking the whip eh David .

A little alarmed by our last member to join the list who is reported to enjoy Whiskey and Spurs , would the latter be the team or the fact that he likes Riding :roll: ;)
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

ivorthediver wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:31 pm More boys to take over cracking the whip eh David .

A little alarmed by our last member to join the list who is reported to enjoy Whiskey and Spurs , would the latter be the team or the fact that he likes Riding :roll: ;)
Noticed your typo Ivor ... 'Whiskey' - the guy obviously partakes in the Scottish dram according to the announcement ;) :) and that is far more important than either wielding a riding crop or following a football team :lol:
Little h
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

I notice you are on food and drink today Ivor. I don't like whisky and I'm a Gooner so had a smile on my face yesterday. Also found out today the Americans know salt beef as corned beef according to one source.
ivorthediver

Little h wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:02 pm
ivorthediver wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:31 pm More boys to take over cracking the whip eh David .

Noticed your typo Ivor ... 'Whiskey' - the guy obviously partakes in the Scottish dram according to the announcement ;) :) and that is far more important than either wielding a riding crop or following a football team :lol:
No argument from me Harry , just as long as he don't start warring his Spurs aboard or the AB's will nickname him jingleballs ;) ;)
ivorthediver

Pelican wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:46 pm I notice you are on food and drink today Ivor. I don't like whisky and I'm a Gooner so had a smile on my face yesterday. Also found out today the Americans know salt beef as corned beef according to one source.
I am not a fan of Corned dog , but love salt beef in a sarni , but as for "Gooner" thats a new one on me David what is that please :?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Royal Navy”