General Naval Topics

Add your posts about Royal Navy ships in this section
Pelican

Re: General Naval Topics

Unread post by Pelican »

BEN WALLACE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

JAMES HEAPPEY
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Well Dave thats reassuring at least.... as like others we fear that our defence spending would be butchered under the guise of "negative economic cuts " :roll:

A number of us rely on your posts to maintain our knowledge and update our ever meagre factual information , so thanks from us for your staid supply .
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

ivorthediver wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:27 pm Well Dave thats reassuring at least.... as like others we fear that our defence spending would be butchered under the guise of "negative economic cuts " :roll:

A number of us rely on your posts to maintain our knowledge and update our ever meagre factual information , so thanks from us for your staid supply .
U're all welcome Ivor, I'm trying to get to grips with a different way of copying and pasting so my out put may increase a little in due course.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Portsmouth Royal Navy base buildings to be demolished

A demolition project covering much of a Royal Navy base has been approved.

The Portsmouth site will have eight buildings knocked down to make way for new parking spaces.

The plans - put forward by KBS Maritime - have been given the go-ahead by Portsmouth City Council.

The authority decided to approve the proposals under permitted development laws, meaning the plans would not have to be discussed by a planning committee.

Council officers considered the information submitted to be sufficient to demonstrate that the demolition works proposed would not cause "any significant harm to heritage, local amenity or the highway network", the Local Democracy Reporting Service said.

KBS Maritime is a joint business run by KBR and BAE Systems and oversees repair and maintenance operations for Royal Navy ships while also managing base infrastructure.

See - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-h ... x36n8XE8Hc
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

QHM ~~~ KHM

One of many to come.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

UK to award contract for nuclear sub dismantling in 2023

The first phase of the Submarine Dismantling Project will use HMS Swiftsure as a test case ahead of further expanding the programme.

See - https://www.naval-technology.com/analys ... g-in-2023/
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Expenditure so far on the manufacturing phase for the Type 26 and Type 31 frigate programmes (rounded to the nearest £million)
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Small but important point
H.M.'s coffin was moved by the Army yesterday because it was a ceremonial occasion.
It will be pulled by the R.N. on Monday because it will be a state occasion.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Pelican wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:27 pm UK to award contract for nuclear sub dismantling in 2023

The first phase of the Submarine Dismantling Project will use HMS Swiftsure as a test case ahead of further expanding the programme.

See - https://www.naval-technology.com/analys ... g-in-2023/
Which ever way you look at it David a thorny subject to tackle, and a very expensive one that will eat holes in the budget which is already under huge pressure ,but a necessary evil when you are in this league with the competition and other navies equipped with this form of deterrent , unlike Russia who seem to just park or sink them as I understand it ...or am I behind in this matter now
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Royal Navy”