The Royal Marine Band

Sing your hear out
ivorthediver

Re: The Royal Marine Band

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Couldn't agree more Jim , we tend to earmark them as purely military bands but the cross section of talent and diversity is as good...... and in some cases exceeds that of Orchestras .

As I said earlier we had a wonderful time , which exceeded all our expectations and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them for any musical event at all.

It was sad to witness the usual con artists handy work where members of the public had bought tickets in all good faith only to find others sat in their expected chairs , and in most cases resulted in the need and calming influence of the R.A.H staff to appease and reseat others as best they could , as indeed happened to me through a National Booking agency on my first official visit.

Can't stress how helpful they are in trying to accommodate your needs if disabled or whims and if there are viewing restrictions they tell you before you book the seat, and in my case the preferred seats were cheaper than the "Bargain Seats " I paid more for initially .......so be warned ;)
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Pleased you both enjoyed it and thanks for the advice on tickets.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

The Ark and the true naval spirit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8ppETh ... WTE4Arl6sE
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

That will stir a few souls David , thanks for sharing , she must have been the most videoed Carrier afloat for her time .
Mind you the QE and POW will soon be close behind me thinks .....
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

We don't seem to have a thread for the Royals?

NEW MUSICAL MAESTROS WELCOMED TO THE ROYAL MARINES BAND

The Royal Marines School of Music have welcomed their latest batch of successful musicians.
Troop 1/16, consisting of 24 ranks, including 12 musicians and buglers, passed out in front of loved ones at the annual celebration.
The parade was inspected by Deputy Commandant General Royal Marines, Brigadier Haydn White ADC RM. The celebrations continued the following day with a concert and Beating Retreat in Portsmouth Guildhall.

Continues with a 'few' photos at - https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-l ... assing-out

Long may they play and march!
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Look at people differently, with understanding, respect, tolerance and compassion.

The Sound of Silence
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Naval songs and sea shanties”