The Royal Marine Band

Sing your hear out
ivorthediver

Re: The Royal Marine Band

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Thank you Jim , we are both looking forward to it very much . :) :)
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Vegaskip

Unread post by Vegaskip »

Watched the Mountbatten Festival of Music 2019 on live stream You Tube last night. 'Eat your heart out Andre Rieu!'
Jim
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

I missed that Jim, but I have found the recording of it and will settle down to watch it for the next 3 hours, thanks for the heads up.

Mountbatten Festival of Music 2019

25 minute interval then

Second half of Mountbatten Festival of Music 2019

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
jbryce1437

jbryce1437 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:28 pm I missed that Jim, but I have found the recording of it and will settle down to watch it for the next 3 hours, thanks for the heads up.

Mountbatten Festival of Music 2019

25 minute interval then

Second half of Mountbatten Festival of Music 2019

HMS Belfast fired the first shell on the D Day landings

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
Retired since 2002
Vegaskip

Second half is best, especially the 'Encore'.
Jim
jbryce1437

Many thanks again Jim, I enjoyed watching that and particularly liked the tribute, remembering the 75th Anniversary of the D Day Landings
A great way to spend a Sunday afternoon ;) .

Jim
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

It was bloody Brilliant and well worth the visit and cost lads , the atmosphere and sound was breathtaking , and the adaption for the female Senior Sargent bandmaster Anna Trudjan brought tears to the eyes of most that were there during the section where individual members performed their adaptations "if you go to section 44.12" of the recording you can hear it and let me know what you think please [ bought a bloody programme which was lifted during our departure ] :roll:

I note in the compare's introduction that Prince Harry was introduced as " PRINCE HENRY OF WALES" ......off to the tower for her no doubt :oops:

The down side was the bun fight for a Taxi ,... at the end....... but our hotel was in Queens Gate so it was within walking distance [ nearly crippled me but nothing a couple of large tots couldn't cure ]

So glad we went and urge any and all to go [at least once if you can] next year as its a worth while charity for an excellent cause well performed and brilliantly executed and guaranteed to raise the hairs on the back of the neck even if your bald ;)

Dear old Harry was there in his best dress uniform , but they wouldn't allow him in our Box[ reserved for Forum Members ;) ]
Vegaskip

I missed the first 20 min, but sat with Headphones and a larger than usual glass of my 'sipping' rum. My favourites were 'Take That' and the end, with the Fiddles!.
Jim
ivorthediver

Ahhh wish we had been together Jim , as if we were there most certainly would have been 2 Disabled members there !

As you would have anticipated there were many members of the forces from the later years [ which I do not seek to place myself amongst such valued members of the audience ] and many a quizzical eye looking for old shipmates I shouldn't wonder .

Me I just had my dearest wife[ with a heavy heart] thinking of her dad whom she worshipped , but it was impossible not to assimilate the the camaraderie ebbing and flowing with the commentary going full bore about the D Day landings and other WW2 events .

I noticed an elderly German couple conversing during the early attendees sitting not along way from me who were obviously moved by the feelings expressed and the comments voiced as the evening unfolded , and wondered why they have chosen to attend .......no doubt they had their reasons ......but they kept themselves to themselves and were very moved by the event and emotional I noticed .....they had their reasons which I respected and smiled..... which they returned :(

So easy to let emotions become wrought , but it was a celebration of events past , both good and bad , and best left to take their natural course I concluded .
jbryce1437

ivorthediver wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:14 pm Senior Sargent bandmaster Anna Trudjan brought tears to the eyes of most that were there during the section where individual members performed their adaptations "if you go to section 44.12" of the recording you can hear it and let me know what you think please [ bought a bloody programme which was lifted during our departure ] :roll:
Yes Ivor, I particularly enjoyed listening to her on the piano. The other soloists were testamant to the wide range of instruments and talent that the band contains.

Jim
Retired since 2002
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Naval songs and sea shanties”