Republic of Korea (ROK) Navy

Add your posts about Other Navies, not already listed, here
Brian James

Re: Republic of Korea (ROK) Navy

Unread post by Brian James »

Republic of Korea Navy Surface Combatants - June, 2019.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brian James

South Korea simultaneously launched four Gumdoksuri-Class Patrol Boats last week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brian James

South Korea commissioned its second Daegu Class Frigate ROKS Gyeongnam last week.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Hmm, South Korea’s First Aircraft Carrier Looks Awfully Familiar

The South Korean Navy has released images of its planned first aircraft carrier.
The carrier will operate the same version of the F-35 used by the U.S. Marine Corps.
The ship bears a strong resemblance to the Royal Navy’s new carriers, but there are important differences.

Continues at:
https://www.popularmechanics.com/milita ... qAQed73_Lw
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

No doubt that will be revised many times before it hits the water ....just like other nations ....
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Brian James

South Korea's fifth Daegu Class Batch II Frigate ROKS Daejeon launched at Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) yesterday.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Babcock teams up with HHI to bid to build Korean carrier

Babcock International has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Hyundai Heavy Industries in order to work together to bid to build the Republic of Korea’s new Aircraft Carrier.
The ship will make use of an axial flight deck similar to those used by the Tarawa, Wasp and America class amphibious assault ships of the United States Navy. The South Korean Ministry of National Defense confirmed in August 2020 that twenty F-35Bs would be procured for the 45,000 tonne CVX.

Continues at - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/babcock ... tE2nyMnZms
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Brian James

Lead Ship, Korean Fast Combat Support Ship ROKS Soyang pictured as she enters San Diego yesterday.
designeraccd

Unread post by designeraccd »

A very nice beam view of the second SEJONG THE GREAT class of ROKN DDG. Now why does she look rather familiar??? ;) DFO
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

South Korea Gets ‘A Shot In The Arm’ In Anti-Submarine Warfare As Three Destroyers Return With Major Upgrades

The combat capability of the South Korean Navy is likely to increase significantly as three of its KDX-1 class destroyers have gone through major upgrades.

After an elaborate program that focused on combat-specific enhancements, the last of the upgraded destroyer was secured by the South Korean Navy. The new addition is seen as a much-needed breather for the Navy.

The South Korean Navy acquired the last of three modified Gwanggaeto Daewang (KDX-1)-class destroyers, Eulji Mundeok, marking the end of a performance enhancement project, according to the Defense Acquisition Program Administration (DAPA), reported Naval Today.

The vessel was given to the Navy on December 28 after receiving increased combat capabilities, as previously reported. In 2018, Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering (DSME), a South Korean shipbuilder, was awarded a contract to renovate and repair three KDX-I class destroyers.

Continues, including images, at - https://eurasiantimes.com/south-korea-g ... e-warfare/

Note: "From the mid-2020s, the Korean Navy aims to acquire another six destroyers designated as the KDDX or KDX-IV. These destroyers, which are expected to weigh between 6,000 and 8,000 tonnes, will fill a gap between the 10,000-ton KDX-III and the older 4,200-ton KDX-II workhorse."

Link from Tim.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Navies”