Norwegian Navy

Add your posts about Other Navies, not already listed, here
ivorthediver

Re: Norwegian Navy

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Thank you Harry , was wondering just the other day what the outcome of this vessel was , and in your usual traditional manner here it is ......my thanks kind Sir , and just you are in good health

Take good care of yourself mate .
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Undersea Cable Connecting Norway With Arctic Satellite Station Has Been Mysteriously Severed

The cables run through a highly strategic stretch of water near where the Barents and Norwegian Sea meet.

See - https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/4 ... ly-severed
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

Replenishment Oiler HNoMS Maud pictured at HMNB Portsmouth on November 8th 2021.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Norway deploys military to protect oil and gas installations

See - https://www.defencetoday.com/security/n ... allations/
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Brian James

Norwegian Replenishment Oiler HNoMS Maud...2022......The Navy took over Maud in a ceremony at the Daewoo Shipyard on November 16th 2018. Maud arrived in Norway on March 29th 2019. The ship would be tested for a year until the warranty runs out. In December 2019, Maud was banned from sailing after global risk-assessment firm DNV GL revealed several safety hazards, deeming the vessel too unsafe to sail. The problems uncovered included heavy doors which pose a danger to the crew, the absence of proper lighting on board, new medical equipment that turned out to be faulty or outdated, and an oxygen generator in the operating room that could potentially pose a major fire hazard. The firm also found no signs that the vessel had undergone any maintenance for two years while docked at the shipyard. The ship returned to the sea in September 2020. According to the Navy and the Ministry of Defence, all problems with the ship were to be tackled during its test run, with the goal of having the vessel in operation during the second quarter of 2020. In September 2020 Maud was declared safe and she sailed to Nieuwe Haven Naval Base of the Royal Netherlands Navy in Den Helder for work needed on her RAS masts. In February 2021 she performed her first RAS operation alongside the Frigate HNoMS Fridtjof Nansen. In September 2021 the ship started her maiden deployment, joining Standing NATO Maritime Group 1 as a Fleet Oiler. Later that month, she performed her first RAS operation with an allied vessel, the Dutch Frigate HNLMS Van Amstel. Maud joined SNMG1 in late August 2022.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Tug CMS Boxer was damaged in a minor collision with Norwegian Frigate HNoMS Roald Amundsen last week as the warship left the River Clyde.
The tug, belonging to Clyde Marine Services, is seen colliding with the bow of the vessel resulting in the tug’s mast becoming damaged as it strikes the Norwegian frigate.
See - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/tug-dam ... ver-clyde/

Link from Tim.
Brian James

Armstrong Whitworth, Low Walker Shipyard blueprint for Tordenskjold Class Coastal Defence Ship HNoMS Harald Haarfagre with image of her at Elswick in 1898.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Criminal trial begins of Officer of the Watch on Norwegian frigate HNoMS Helge Ingstad when she collided with the tanker Sola TS (November 2018) - charged with negligence.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/no ... 023-01-16/
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Learning the lessons – the loss the Norwegian frigate Helge Ingstad

https://www.navylookout.com/learning-th ... e-ingstad/
Brian James

One of Class, Gunboat HNoMS Sleipner pictured at Keil, for ceremonies marking the opening of the Keil Canal, June 1895. The Swedish Coastal Defense Ship HSwMS Gota is in the right background....Like all other Norwegian Gunships of her era, she carried a heavy armament on a diminutive hull. She was built at Karljohansvern Shipyard at Horten. Sleipner's main armament was a breech loading 10-inch cannon, she also carried an underwater torpedo tube in her bow for firing Whitehead torpedoes, she was the first vessel in the Royal Norwegian Navy equipped with this weapon. In 1900 Sleipner was rebuilt, and her masts and rigging removed. After her rebuild she was used as a Cadet Ship (training vessel) until 1915, when she started a new life as a floating barracks. Between 1921 and 1932 Sleipner was used as a floating depot for the fledgling Royal Norwegian Navy Air Service, before she was finally decommissioned and scrapped in 1935.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Navies”