Aircraft Carriers: Nimitz Class

Add your posts about the US Navy in this section
Brian James

Re: Aircraft Carriers: Nimitz Class

Unread post by Brian James »

USS Harry S Truman at Stokes Bay Portsmouth in 2005.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brian James

USS Carl Vinson with USS Ronald Reagan...October 9th 2021.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
designeraccd

Unread post by designeraccd »

Here are NIMITZ, VIKRAMDITYA and IJN.....err...JMSDF IZUMO!! ;) DFO
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

For 42 Years, Nothing on the Seas Could Beat a Nimitz Aircraft Carrier

See - https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboo ... ier-190154
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Brian James

USS Ronald Reagan pictured returning to Yokosuka, from a no port of call five month deployment on October 16th 2021.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

USS Nimitz Back In Port After Finding Propulsion Plant’s ‘Minor Material Deficiency’

USS Nimitz (CVN 68) transits through Puget Sound. Nimitz is currently underway conducting sea trials after completing a six-month planned incremental availability. US Navy Photo

Aircraft carrier USS Nimitz (CVN-68) is back in port after its propulsion plant experienced “a minor material deficiency,” according to the Navy.
“On Nov. 7, 2021, USS Nimitz (CVN 68) identified a minor material deficiency in the propulsion plant during normal operations while transiting in international waters off the western coast of the continental United States,” Cmdr. Zach Harrell, a spokesperson for Naval Air Forces, said in a statement. “The ship’s crew took action to address the deficiency and the ship returned to port. The deficiency posed no risk to the ship, the propulsion plant, the ship’s crew, or the environment.”

Nimitz had been in a maintenance period in Bremerton, Wash., since returning home in March from a lengthy deployment.

The carrier first left port on Saturday, according to The Kitsap Sun, meaning the crew found the propulsion plant deficiency a day after it got underway.

“Puget Sound Naval Shipyard & Intermediate Maintenance Facility will conduct a full assessment and conduct any necessary repairs prior to the ship’s next underway period,” Harrell said in the statement.

Aside from the reactor issue, the planned maintenance and sea trials to test the repairs have been completed, Harrell said.

The Kitsap Sun first reported the propulsion plant deficiency and Nimitz‘s return to port.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Brian James

USS Ronald Reagan pictured conducting a RAS procedure with Ticonderoga Class Guided Missile Cruiser USS Shiloh, Philippine Sea, September 28th 2021.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

U.S. Navy

Receiving the latest in unmanned technology unmanned MQ-25 aircraft is craned onto the flight deck of USS George H W Bush (CVN 77).
The MQ-25 will be the worlds first operational, carrier-based unmanned aircraft.

See - https://twitter.com/USNavy/status/1470441414106529798
Brian James

Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet flight ops...USS Harry S Truman, Mediterranean Sea, December 21st 2021.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Leaked video shows Navy fighter jet crashing on carrier USS Carl Vinson

Leaked video captured the harrowing moment a fighter jet crashed onto the deck of the aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson before plunging into the South China Sea last month.

The pilot was recovered after ejecting from the F-35C Lightning II, which was seen bobbing in the water without its canopy. Seven sailors were wounded in the Jan. 24 incident.

See - https://nypost.com/2022/02/07/video-sho ... %20buttons

Link from Tim.

Fuller version of video - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/us-e ... -h6mszsk6h
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “United States Navy”