Communications Department Staff of Ships, Flag Officers and Shore Stations

Post anything relating to Communications on this thread
Pelican

Re: Communications Department Staff of Ships, Flag Officers and Shore Stations

Unread post by Pelican »

ARK ROYAL, 1990, COMMS SENIOR RATES STAFF

Left to right: Eccles, Sykes, Vout, Allport, Taylor, Elliot, Mason, Holmes and Hickman.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

COMMS STAFF OF INTREPID AROUND 1979
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

KELLY SQUADRON STAFF 1977-78 [POSSIBLY 1976]

Includes Roy Kilby, Dave Tavener, Dave Tavener, Andrew Peel, Bill Dunningham, Mick Eggby, CY Phil Goodbody, Bert Beech and John Jones.
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

Pelican wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:44 pm ARK ROYAL, 1990, COMMS SENIOR RATES STAFF

Left to right: Eccles, Sykes, Vout, Allport, Taylor, Elliot, Mason, Holmes and Hickman.
ARK ROYAL, 1990 ??? - :? - In recent history, I thought women went to sea as RN proper 1993 onwards, see:-

The Women’s Royal Naval Service was disbanded and 4535 women were integrated fully into the Royal Navy and able to serve on HM Ships at sea, at all ranks and rates, including the Royal Marines Band.

Source; History - Association of Wrens
Last edited by Little h on Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little h
Little h

Pelican wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:42 pm KELLY SQUADRON STAFF 1977-78 [POSSIBLY 1976]

Includes Roy Kilby, Dave Tavener, Dave Tavener, Andrew Peel, Bill Dunningham, Mick Eggby, CY Phil Goodbody, Bert Beech and John Jones.
Yet another time/opportunity to show my ignorance - Are those cap tallies saying HMS Mercury? if so what is/was Kelly Squadron?
Little h
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Little h wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:22 pm
Pelican wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:42 pm KELLY SQUADRON STAFF 1977-78 [POSSIBLY 1976]

Yet another time/opportunity to show my ignorance - Are those cap tallies saying HMS Mercury? if so what is/was Kelly Squadron?
Join the club Harry, from the little that I can gather they were staff/barrack stanchions.
Little h

Pelican wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:53 pm
Little h wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:22 pm

Join the club Harry, from the little that I can gather they were staff/barrack stanchions.
Whilst in pursuit of that the old adage 'seek and ye shall find' ... alas & viola .... Kelly squadron as included in a piece on the commsmuseum.co.uk website.

Late edit; according to chatter on the Navy-Net; Rum Ration; Forums; HMS Kelly thread ......... 'Kelly Squadron at Mercury was the new entry lot'. That would make sense, since there is mention that "The painting was presented to Junior Radio Operator Kenneth McCormack, who was top of the passing out class at Mercury" in the linked item.
Little h
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS INTREPID - COMMS DEPT. AROUND 1979

Names include:
Max Steward [who posted the photo], Mike Rogers, William Kewn 2nd row 6th from right, Tomm Thompson 3rd from right front row he as in hermes 74-76 and Collingwood 97 as a Lt Cdr, next to him 4th front row is Daisy Adams, Jorge A HeRon 1st standing 6th from left in jumper, Scouse Kewn, Sid Wynder, Nobby Hall, Des Wisson, Geoge Asprey, Joe Mundy Lt Cdr, John Dennent, Stu Ralf, Bud Abbot, Paddy Rowntree, Lou Lewis, Mark Rutley, Graham Fuller, Gary? Bradshaw, bottom left possibly Yeo Jones, Lt Cdr B.B. Perowne in centre SCO on Britannia became Adml same as his brother, Paul Dobson 2nd row 4th from right.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS BRISTOL COMMS DEPT. 1984 - FROM CHRIS PRIOR

The following are in the photo[s]:
Jon Griffiths, Steve Wrigglesworth, David Mcvey, John Petrie, David Powell, Craig Quilliam, Mark Royle and Stuart Stone.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

1975 L.R.O. [G] COURSE - From Terry Moir
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Communications”