Communications Department Staff of Ships, Flag Officers and Shore Stations

Post anything relating to Communications on this thread
Pelican

Re: Communications Department Staff of Ships, Flag Officers and Shore Stations

Unread post by Pelican »

H.M.Y. BRITANNIA

Photo 1 attached:
Edward John McClelland -‎ this is a photo of some ot the comms on HMY Britannia 1969/1970 prior to the Inauguriation. I cannot remember the guy on back row left Next is Brian Fredrick Wilkinson unfortunately deceased. Next I cannot remember. Back right myself Bill McClelland.
Front right Tony Bowskill Unfortunately deceased, Chick Cobb and Chris Galvin.
Alan Lee - Chris Galvin was the CY when I joined the Yacht in 1979.

Photo 2 attached:
Alan Lee - left to right, Darby, myself, Paul, Gobla. In front is Rigsby, can’t remember name of the other at the back.

For info please see - https://www.yottie.co.uk/?fbclid=IwAR0n ... dXrpbvkY9k
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

F.O.F.3 Staff, Ark Royal, New York, 1986, by Paul Harmer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

H.M.S. KENT D12

Comms Dept. 1964 from David Simnett.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

H.M.S. LION c1964 - COMMS DEPT. OFFICIAL PHOTO AND ONE AT TOT TIME, BRIAN KILLICK
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS CARDIFF COMMS DEPT. 1982
'Before going down south' - from Paul Harmer - many of those in the photo are in contact with one another.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

FROM Vincent Wright‎:

HMS Nubian Comms '68-70 commission. Missing were Phil Powell, Jock Bonnar and Randy Randall.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS BRISTOL, COMMS DEPT., c1983-84, caps on and off.
[Peter Featherstone-Williams]
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Communicators, Last commission of HMS Diamond 1967-1970.

Back row L-R. UK, UK, Smudge Smith, UK
Front Spider Kelly, Harry Harrison, Norman Woodward (rip) UK

Paul Flynn Spider - the back row, second from left, was a wee Scotsman (Jock something), but the other three UK are a mystery to me - never seen them before and pretty sure they were not comms. Did not know that Woody had died - he was a good bloke.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

BELFAST 1961

Alec Wallington from left me, Ian Bloomer, Darby Allen, Tony Cock and cannot remember his name.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Communications”