Corvettes: Flower Class

Add your posts about the Canadian Navy in this section
Brian James

Corvettes: Flower Class

Unread post by Brian James »

Modified Flower Class Corvette HMCS Riviere du Loup pictured off the US East Coast on November 1st 1944.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivorthediver

Re: Corvettes: Flower Class

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Great little ships who worked their butts off as we all know .

She seems to have most "Toy's " fitted as far as I can see including Hedgehog / Radar / mines and throwers :) , saved our butts and the convoys , but at a huge cost .....bless them
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
timlewin

Unread post by timlewin »

I am in close touch with the Sackville Association, I will get you some pictures asap. She is well cared for at Halifax but hopes for a spanking new museum remain hopes....
designeraccd

Unread post by designeraccd »

The French were building some FLOWERS, too. Unfortunately France collapsed before they were completed; therefore the Germans took them over for completion! :shock: They were rearmed with German weapons. DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivorthediver

I never knew that Dennis , thanks for the heads up and the pic's , very grateful :)
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

A few more Canadian Flower Class

Mandrake (later to US Navy as USS Haste)
Haste%20PG92.jpg

Milfoil (later to US Navy as USS Intensity)
milfoil-as-uss-intensity.jpg
uss intensity.jpg
Intensity%20PG93%2002.jpg

Orillia
Orillia.jpg

Prudent (formerly HMS Privet)
Prudent%20PG96.jpg
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
TerraNova

Unread post by TerraNova »

I am happy to report that HMCS Sackville has received a major refit at HMC Dockyard Halifax, better known today as the Fleet Maintenance Unit Atlantic. She has been re-launched and will resume her historic ship operations in Halifax this coming summer. The Sackville Trust can provide more information on the re-opening of the ship and the details of the refit.

I intend to visit the ship on my return from wintering in Perth, Western Australia.
TerraNova

HMCS Sackville is the naval memorial at Halifax. Unlike HMCS Haida, in Hamilton, Ontario, she is not a commissioned ship. However, the HMCS Sackville Trust has been a sincere custodian of the ship and through their tireless efforts had the ship refitted with the assistance of the government of Canada at HMC Dockyard, Halifax (also known as the Fleet Maintenance Group, Atlantic). A photo of the ship in refit appears in a separate post.
Brian
Last edited by TerraNova on Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TerraNova

Attached is a picture of HMCS Sackville near the end of her 2018 refit by the RCN Fleet Maintenance Group in Halifax. She will serve many more years as a museum ship and memorial in Halifax.
Brian
ivorthediver

Thanks Brian spent many a happy hour making R/C models of these .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Canadian Navy”