Corvettes: Flower Class

Add your posts about the Canadian Navy in this section
Annapolis265

Re: Corvettes: Flower Class

Unread post by Annapolis265 »

DaveH: She looks great! I am camouflaging my ship. Hull looks real good! Now working on the aft half of the deck and slowly moving forward to the midship details.
Brian
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

Thank you Brian for your kind comments . She served me well and I must confess I miss her at times on the water . She was also a good learning curve on preparing plastic kits for Radio Control , Ballasting and Watertight Integrity . As for control she was a gem to operate even on a Windy day .

Good luck with your build , looking forward to the finished ship .
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Well done Brian , any chance of a picture please ;)
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
designeraccd

Unread post by designeraccd »

Here is a "Flower" that deserves to be modeled.......a GERMAN, x-French incomplete unit. Unfortunately clear pics, or even pics are very scarce. :shock: DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Annapolis265

Unread post by Annapolis265 »

Work continues on the model. It is about 80 per cent complete. The foredeck fittings, guns, fire control equipment and masts remain to be completed and fitted.Brian/Annapolis 265
Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

Flower Class Corvette HMCS Brantford pictured on returning to port from North Atlantic Convoy duties in February 1944.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

Brian James wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:50 am Flower Class Corvette HMCS Brantford pictured on returning to port from North Atlantic Convoy duties in February 1944.

canadasmilitaryhist
@CanadasMilHist

The corvette H.M.C.S. BRANTFORD covered with ice, St. John’s, Newfoundland, 2 February 1944.
DJr7cWyW0AAYei2.jpg

My comment; IMO the twitter comment that follows the linked tweet/photo is more than a bit lame ... but the image speaks volumes
Little h
timlewin

Unread post by timlewin »

a very fine picture of Sackville, preserved, and looking superb, at Halifax
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

Annapolis265 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:17 am Thanks for the suggestions and wise advice. I will build this Snowberry as a stationary model. If this goes well, and I have no reason to think it will not, as long as I proceed methodically!
Cheers,
Brian
Annapolis 265/Terra Nova
Hi Brian ,

Just going back over previous posts and wondering how yourbuild of the "Snowberry" went .
timlewin

Unread post by timlewin »

here are some current photos of Sackville undergoing an extensive refit in the giant s/m shed at Halifax
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Canadian Navy”