Destroyers: Arleigh Burke Class

Add your posts about the US Navy in this section
designeraccd

Re: Destroyers: Arleigh Burke Class

Unread post by designeraccd »

The actual backbone of USN surface Fleet. How many of them are MC CAINs or FITZGERALD's just waiting to happen?? The warships are no better than the crews and training thereof. DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Great photo's Dennis many thanks.....
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

USS FITZGERALD

From Save the Navy:
"Superbly presented piece - the disturbing story of what happened on board the Navy destroyer USS Fitzgerald during the deadly night time collision in 2017 that claimed 7 lives."

https://features.propublica.org/navy-ac ... 4WIdQC57xg
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
designeraccd

Yea......sure gives me a warm feeling..........or something. Excellent article. DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

BAE Systems has won a potential $136.2m firm-fixed-price contract from the US Navy for maintenance, repair and modernisation of Arleigh Burke-class destroyer USS Bulkeley.

The company will provide the human resources and facilities needed to coordinate, integrate and complete multiple areas of the project, the US Department of Defense said Wednesday.

See - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/us-navy ... GMxfRiuOcY
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Blimey , are we getting a good name somewhere per chance ;)
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

The Arleigh Burke class destroyer USS Porter has departed Plymouth, following a port visit during a storm.
Continues at - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/uss-por ... HWsZMtCTWA
Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

Arleigh Burke Class Guided Missile Destroyers,USS Gravely,Carney and Porter....participants in this years Exercise Joint Warrior,pictured at Faslane,March 30th 2019.
designeraccd

How about some shots of a Flt. I Burke?? ;) DFO
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

designeraccd wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:23 pm How about some shots of a Flt. I Burke?? ;) DFO
Yup Dennis Flight I with flight deck and no hangar(s);

Flight IIA's are with not only port & stbd hangars; but some have a) hangars and on the stbd side hangar deckhouse/superstructure there is a shuttered holding bay within which a AN/WLD-1(V)1 Remote Mine-hunting System (RMS) can be stowed/deployed.

See the Unmanned Drones - All Types for Military and Naval Use thread
Little h
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “United States Navy”