Today's Italian Navy

Add your posts about the Italian Navy in this section
DaveH

Re: Today's Italian Navy

Unread post by DaveH »

Well Dennis. The Harrier was a wellproven Aircraft . Pity our Mumskulls in Government didn't keep them going then perhaps we would have had something to eleviate the embarrassment of having a Carrier Force with no Airwing .
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

couldn't agree more Dave :?
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
designeraccd

Unread post by designeraccd »

Aaahh, but the UK $aved money by scrapping Harriers and Invincibles, remember??? :o

From yesterday's Italian Navy: San Marco Yard, Trieste 1937. Very interesting pic!! GARABALDI, CADORNA and ANDREA DORIA. GARABALDI was fitting out, CADORNA under refit(?) and DORIA being stripped down for her rebuild/modernization. DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

DaveH wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:11 am Well Dennis. The Harrier was a wellproven Aircraft . Pity our Mumskulls in Government didn't keep them going then perhaps we would have had something to eleviate the embarrassment of having a Carrier Force with no Airwing .
Patience Dear Boy like Christmas its coming. On the other hand we've got away without having proper carriers for more than 10 years. Makes one wonder but on balance we are better off with them. Personally I think two smaller attack carriers would be better freeing up funds for more ships and let the RFAs do the overseas emergency relief as they are already doing in the W.I.s The present Marines arrangement could continue as at present.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
designeraccd

Back to today's Italian Navy: first of their new PPA "light frigates" is almost ready for launch. Unusual bow shape......... :o

The first "full" PPA unit is #4, laid down in March, 2019. This will carry the maximum electronic and weapon load this design can carry. Reportedly BMD will be within its capabilities. DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

Couldn't agree more Dave [Pelican] , even more so now today's revelations hint that the Chinese are going to build parts of the F35 control system , what planet are our politicos on I wonder .

Interesting design Dennis - Looks like they started off with one Hull and then changed the design building the rest on top . Or was there a crease in the drawings :o
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

As you say Dave , very strange decisions all round , and as for the Chinese involvement I'm amazed :o does that mean that our oriental friends have recovered the "unimportant " bits of wreckage from the Crashed Japanese F35 ;)
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

designeraccd wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:35 pm Back to today's Italian Navy: first of their new PPA "light frigates" is almost ready for launch. Unusual bow shape......... :o
Every piece of literature I read on this vertically stacked, twin wedge bow configuration, simply describe it as 'a wave piercing bow' .... but aren't they all!!
Little h
designeraccd

I've read the same about that bow shape; I'm totally missing WHY it is purportedly better than a conventional bow shape......??? :? DFO
designeraccd

Today's "launch"!! ;) DFO
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Italian Navy”