Greek Navy

Add your posts about Other Navies, not already listed, here
Brian James

Re: Greek Navy

Unread post by Brian James »

Greek Navy,La Combattante IIa-Class,Fast Attack Craft HS Votsis pictured launching an Exocet MM38 ship to ship Missile.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brian James

Modified Pisa Class Armoured Cruiser HNS Georgios Averof pictured on her arrival at Piraeus, October. 20th, 1944.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
designeraccd

Unread post by designeraccd »

Here is the ELLI (x-di SAVORIA) being scrapped in 1974. One of the last WW 2 Italian cruisers. DFO
Brian James

Hydra Class Ironclad Battleship HS Psara pictured off Spithead at the Coronation Review for King Edward VII in 1902.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Naval Group submits offer Hellenic Navy frigate requirement

See - https://www.naval-technology.com/news/n ... quirement/
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

DEFEA 2021: Damen displays Sigma 11515 frigate

The Damen Group is a Dutch defense, shipbuilding, and engineering conglomerate company based in Gorinchem, South Holland, the Netherlands. At DEFEA, the company displays a model of Sigma 11515 frigate as part of the Greek procurement of four frigates.

Full details + photo at:
https://www.navyrecognition.com/index.p ... igate.html

Link from Tim.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Brian James

Greek Navy, Hydra Class Ironclad HNS Psara pictured at Marseille c1906.
Brian James

Museum Ship, Modified Pisa Class Armoured Cruiser Georgios Averof pictured in drydock at Salamis Naval base, 2017.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Lockheed refines bid to modernize the Greek frigate fleet. Here’s what it’s offering.

See - https://www.defensenews.com/digital-sho ... -W6H3o-2IA
Brian James

Hydra Class Ironclad Battleship HNS Psara pictured at Copenhagen in 1902...She was ordered in 1885 in response to a crisis in the Balkans and Ottoman naval expansion. The ship was launched from Arsenal Le Havre in 1889 and delivered to Greece by 1902. She was armed with a main battery of three 10.8 inch guns and five 5.9 inch guns, and had a top speed of 17 knots...Psara and her sisters saw extensive service with the Greek Navy. They participated in the Greco–Turkish War in 1897 until the Great Powers intervened and prevented the Greek Navy from capitalizing on their superiority over the Ottoman Navy. Psara saw action in the First Balkan War at the Naval Battle of Elli and was present at the Naval Battle of Lemnos, but was too slow to actively engage the Ottoman forces. She did not see action during World War I, and was reduced to a Training Ship for stokers after the end of the war. She was ultimately broken up for scrap in 1932.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Navies”