Model Making: General

Building a model? Need help with it? Show the work in progress or the completed project, etc.
ivorthediver

Re: Model Making: General

Unread post by ivorthediver »

The Later model is the one we are referring to I take it David, as the former is a Grupner kit [ which are excellent model kits to build with all the detail you could want and like most German Kits look very life like [ at a price ....not cheap and cheerful models ] the later one will need as much again spent on it just to update , let alone the R/C gear .......but thats the price you pay if thats what you like doing ;)

Thanks for posting David .
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

ivorthediver wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:06 pm The Later model is the one we are referring to I take it David, as the former is a Grupner kit [ which are excellent model kits to build with all the detail you could want and like most German Kits look very life like [ at a price ....not cheap and cheerful models ] the later one will need as much again spent on it just to update , let alone the R/C gear .......but thats the price you pay if thats what you like doing ;)

Agree Ivor, it was the detail that caught my eye and prompted me to post it.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Not only about models but also the history of the Castle class trawlers at:

https://www.facebook.com/immhh/photos/a ... 565479957/
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Interesting site David , thanks for posting this informative post .
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

ivorthediver wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:33 pm Interesting site David , thanks for posting this informative post .
Ivor also see - https://www.facebook.com/immhh/photos/a ... 828537264/
ivorthediver

Thanks David , a place to easily get immersed in and a very interesting site , again my thanks
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

ivorthediver

Thank you David , a very interesting selection of vessels that I would love to be let lose on but my last model has just finished basin trials and is not as grand as those , but thanks for posting them for me to drool over
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

JUST FOR INFO

Royal Navy (Radio Operators)
Vella George
One for the Buntings.
I know its a bit anchor faced, but I'm building a scratch cardboard model of HMS Hermes. as she appeared during the Falklands Conflict, including rust streaks.
Next year is the 40th anniversary and the RNA Modeler's group is thinking of setting up some sort of exhibition down in Pompey.
I was thinking of decorating the model with the flag hoists she was flying on her return to Pompey but the phots I have, the hoists are not all that clear.
Right on top on the port side seems to be flying Bravo Bravo; any idea what they mean?
Still on the port side high up Code Hotel, that's the pilot flag, no probs.
On the stbd side outer halyard, there seems to be POMPEY spelt out, but the inner halyard cannot make out, seems to be the code flag followed by Lima, 2 flags I cannot make out followed by WW.

P.S. REPLIES - RESPONSES NOW ADDED/ATTACHED

P.P.S. MORE PHOTOS OF DETAIL ADDED
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivorthediver

One can only wish you well my friend , and not to many disappointments on this voyage .....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Model Makers Section”