Model Making: General

Building a model? Need help with it? Show the work in progress or the completed project, etc.
Pelican

Re: Model Making: General

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:58 pm Q.E.C.

I am no longer a modeller let alone a model but am purely passing on the following info for those who may be interested:
At the British National Scale Modellers Exhibition on 9 Nov 19 Airfix had their prototype demo 1/350 scale model of R08 HMS PoW on display (as originally made about 4 years ago but now updated). 3 pics are attached below.
Some estimate cost of £100-150 and model perhaps 35 inches long.
Note the email address to respond to if interested.
Over and out.

P.S. Still unable to attach images, in this case 4, so anyone interested in the above should email - pr@hornby.com or write to them at their address available on the internet which ends in Margate Kent CT9 4JX .
Once this site is back to normal I will post the 4 photos - might need a nudge. ;)
Another try at uploading the photos in question.
Oh what joy Jim TU.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

jbryce1437 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:56 am Now sorted

Jim
Jim just tried to upload Airfix photos in question which display on Preview but then receive a notice when submitted.
I have emailed the address given and your goodself.
Meanwhile have left link open in separate tab to assist investigation.
P.S. Obviously belay the above which appeared when I submitted this.
God works in mysterious ways! :D
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

Pelican wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:01 pm
Another try at uploading the photos in question.
Oh what joy Jim TU.
Very nice model and good photo's ... but ... the modeller best change the decals/pennant numbers back to R 09.

Why - because irrespective of the many floodlight clusters - as I hinted previously the PoW R09 has been photographed showing these on port side deck edge catwalk screen:-

,POW R09 ACA 38493391264_ffbaf650b2_o Float Out (4) - Copy.jpg

and these on stbd side deck edge catwalk screen:-
HMSPWLS-viewofship (3).jpg

(plus - there are more (obscured) further forward adjacent to/outboard of aft island)

also; on aft island there are changes to aft NVIS antenna arrays compared with the QE R08, see:-
, EATqk4MXkAAe_rV PoW R09 (2).jpg

Just observations made whilst looking for any obvious external differences
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Little h
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Very nice to , and thanks for posting them David .

And here at Special request from our resident squirrel.........
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
ivorthediver

As I said earlier I went to the international model boat show in Warwick last week end and enclose a couple of favourites for your delectation :roll:

The older members of our Forum will note a reproduction of our immortal model maker Sandy Barclays train ferry WW1 era which he made a stunning scale model of which guided by him we used to tune in every night to watch his and Robbies progress and correction of detail as only dear Sandy could emulate [ remember the red passers bike on the port side aft Harry?] .......gone but never forgotten
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

Cheers Ivor,

Monmouth very nice - prob take a copy and show g/son #3's brother in law who was on her during Westlant 2018

Tribal class F117 not too bad at all
Little h
ivorthediver

It was nice to see so many younger modellers there this year [ well mid life crisis candidates really ;) ] who have a penchant for model liners and Ferry's a few of which I include a couple for you to view but please enlarge the Queen as these photos dont really do her justice .
ivorthediver

Just to show you how modellers can get up to other works of art .....the steam generator for the other model started life as a standard "Foggy" unit which with the addition of a coke cane and a booster outlet produced this wonderful unit .....

Ill try again ...
ivorthediver

Saw this model today recently completed from a kit thats now defunct and 30 years old .
ivorthediver

ivorthediver wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:30 pm Just to show you how modellers can get up to other works of art .....the steam generator for the other model started life as a standard "Foggy" unit which with the addition of a coke cane and a booster outlet produced this wonderful unit .....

Ill try again ...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Model Makers Section”