Model Making: General

Building a model? Need help with it? Show the work in progress or the completed project, etc.
ivorthediver

Re: Model Making: General

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Thanks David , ill await the result ;)
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Q.E.C.

I am no longer a modeller let alone a model but am purely passing on the following info for those who may be interested:
At the British National Scale Modellers Exhibition on 9 Nov 19 Airfix had their prototype demo 1/350 scale model of R08 HMS PoW on display (as originally made about 4 years ago but now updated). 3 pics are attached below.
Some estimate cost of £100-150 and model perhaps 35 inches long.
Note the email address to respond to if interested.
Over and out.

P.S. Still unable to attach images, in this case 4, so anyone interested in the above should email - pr@hornby.com or write to them at their address available on the internet which ends in Margate Kent CT9 4JX .
Once this site is back to normal I will post the 4 photos - might need a nudge. ;)
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

Pelican wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:58 pm Q.E.C.

I am no longer a modeller let alone a model but am purely passing on the following info for those who may be interested:
At the British National Scale Modellers Exhibition on 9 Nov 19 Airfix had their prototype demo 1/350 scale model of R08 HMS PoW on display (as originally made about 4 years ago but now updated). 3 pics are attached below.
Some estimate cost of £100-150 and model perhaps 35 inches long.
Note the email address to respond to if interested.
Over and out.

P.S. Still unable to attach images, in this case 4, so anyone interested in the above should email - pr@hornby.com or write to them at their address available on the internet which ends in Margate Kent CT9 4JX .
Once this site is back to normal I will post the 4 photos - might need a nudge. ;)
I'm really intrigued that Airfix would do two models for the QEC carriers; one each of QE R08 & PoW R09 .... why not one model with different decals for emblems/ship badges, pennant numbers and name plates all shoved in the box - and you makes yer choice!!

Or have they been looking in on my posts showing the differences in fittings (observed to date) between QE R08 & PoW R09;) :)
Little h
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

AIRFIX - This might be of interest and other sections of the site - What do you want as kits in 2019?
https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/forum/what ... 1583/?p=8/
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Well Harry you will recall last year [ I think ] I showed you some miniature warships to which you requested a scale to gain appreciation of the size , here's one of you and Davids favourite Carriers .....here you go and good luck ....

Sorry Harry. :oops: .... but still unable to post this , as although it loads when you go to preview it is erased ?....any ideas please Jim ?
Little h

ivorthediver wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:40 pm Well Harry you will recall last year [ I think ] I showed you some miniature warships to which you requested a scale to gain appreciation of the size , here's one of you and Davids favourite Carriers .....here you go and good luck ....

Sorry Harry. :oops: .... but still unable to post this , as although it loads when you go to preview it is erased ?....any ideas please Jim ?
Thought you suggested that I use the scattered poppies as a means of gaining some scale.
Little h
ivorthediver

Ahhhh you recall the event [ should have known better eh Harry ;) ]. same Quy and a good picture when I can get it on for you .

Have a great photo of Monmouth model as well but same issue ....it loads and is shown as good with green tick until you try to Submit :roll:
Little h

We believe the forum limit has been reached again. Jim has informed Jack.
Little h
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Now sorted

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

Thank you gentleman ......I will attempt to post later on ........many thanks
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Model Makers Section”