Model Making: General

Building a model? Need help with it? Show the work in progress or the completed project, etc.
jbryce1437

Re: Model Making: General

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Nice model Ivor, it even has aircraft.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Well I had to look at it several times but kept my opinion to myself as it looks to low in the water and the superstructure did not look scale ,but not everyone sees the same picture so I might be wrong and said nothing :oops:
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Just for info:

Latest donations to the museum.* Models of HMS Invincible (over 7 foot long) and one of HMS Sheffield. Both models are fully radio controlled. HMS Sheffield also has a rotating radar and working port and starboard navigation lights. HMS Invincible plays a recording to the RM Band and also various other sounds e.g. Action Stations alarm. The models were built by Mr Terry Hodder of Bristol. His passion was building mainly aircraft but his main love was ships. Sadly Terry has passed away and he wished for these two models to be donated to a museum. Thanks to Tim Jenkins these two models now reside in the Comms Branch museum. Over the next few months we will put both models through their paces on the water – video to follow once a successful launch is achieved.

*See: http://www.rnmuseumradarandcommunications2006.org.uk/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Excellent models David , [ glad to see I'm not the only nut that makes these oversize war canoes ] nice detail shown here , and obviously spent along time at it , bless him , but I'll bet he was justifiably proud of his creation :)
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

ivorthediver wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:30 pm Excellent models David , [ glad to see I'm not the only nut that makes these oversize war canoes ] nice detail shown here , and obviously spent along time at it , bless him , but I'll bet he was justifiably proud of his creation :)
Ivor I've seen model warship's fighting one another etc. but not heard [apols for pun] of one playing a Bootie Band and making Tanoy announcements before. Just had a quick shufti:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_warship_combat
http://www.bluebird-electric.net/Bluebi ... Gaming.htm
https://rcwarshipcombat.com/
I'm way out of date but no doubt there will soon be a RC model of a QEC flying off and landing F35Bs?
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Yes David,...... Model making Extras have developed a lot over the last ten years with many companies selling switching systems which by they're very manner multiply the tasks and complexities of a 6 channel receiver considerably .
On Victorious I could switch on / off the pilot landing lights , the nav lights , the radar 9?? , the individual jet flame lights on four aircraft , the flashing nav lights on the Gannet , the main rotor on the helicopter SAR at the rear , a steam generator for the funnels, searchlights , and eight different sounds in addition to the main engines [ which in fact were turbines which sounded like jet engines so they ran continuously to give the effect of taxiing jets ........so it you tot that up you will see that there are more than six channels .! :P

ON my tug I have twin Korts motors which are in effect props in directional ducts at the rear of the model ,two way forward bow thrusters [ which need separate speed controllers as they run at different voltages , and a servo controlling steerage of the thrust cones , Radar motor , three spot lights , 9 deck lights , full sound effects including engine start up , run , acceleration forward and reverse ,and others including fog horn , ships horn , morse , echo sounder , winch , anchor motor,
seagulls , puking crew , bad language from the engine room ,ships bell etc , all powered on an 15amp amplifier, a voltage / current display and a cooling fan for the motors .
I was going to fit a steam generator but they require a lot of room which was put to better use , as when making headway you lose the smoke effect anyway .
So yes they have been enhanced a lot , and I have seen tugs launch and recover lifeboats , cranes , in addition to what I have mentioned :o
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Impressive Ivor, maybe you should tender for - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/the-typ ... y-concept/
ivorthediver

Went to the international model boat show today I thought you might like to view these, sadly there seems to be a problem ....uploading them , is there an issue Jim
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Had probs too Ivor, Jim is on to it.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Had probs too Ivor, Jim is on to it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Model Makers Section”