Model Making: General

Building a model? Need help with it? Show the work in progress or the completed project, etc.
jbryce1437

Re: Model Making: General

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Nice photos of the exhibition Ivor. I looked to see if I was driving the starboard crane on the Ark Royal model but I must have been off duty then :lol:

JIm
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

I'll have another look for you ......you may have been in..convenienced ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
ivorthediver

Not sure ....were you on the rouges gallery perchance :?:.....Nope ......must have been ashore or in the mess :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivorthediver

Ok how about a couple more to look at lads 8-) ........ and before you ask the superstructure displayed as the last photo was off a battleship ......Ahhhh you say but which one :o :?:
ivorthediver

Nope its no use Jim your on a run ashore mate
ivorthediver

And some others to view , which I hope you recognise , and for your not so new modellers the first shows a range of very dated motors and at the top right hand corner an identical TX to the one I first started RC modelling with , the Keil Kraft 4 channel in its mustard livery .
That one I bought in the early 80's second hand with three Servo's , but cant remember how much it was , along with a Red 27 mg Crystal
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Thanks Ivor, the attention to detail is remarkable on some of these models.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

Thanks Jim , yes I look at some which if you look closely are kits[ not scratch built] but the modeller being the animal he is, embellishes his model by Crew [ which are not normally supplied with crew figures ] which are bought in a set of stances , and the modeller will break their arms and legs to suit the action they need for their model , and these can be quite imaginative..... and creates fierce competition amongst club members , and little obscure items NOT supplied in kits are contrived and fitted to add realism to THEIR model ....the MTB's are a good case in point , and some add weathering to enhance the paint scheme of their model .

If you know the kit ....its a good marque of the modeller , and his ability at research to get it perfect , unless he served on one of course 8-)
ivorthediver

Right Lads we are going to have to smarten up our threads ,as we now have another Modeller on board to welcome , so make room for FinbarM to moor alongside of us ......welcome to our section of the Forum :D
ivorthediver

Went down to the lake today and caught a picture of a members [recently joined] member's scale rendition of the Q.E. Carrier ......just thought you may like to see others works for a change ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Model Makers Section”