Submarines: Project 677 Lada Class

Add your posts about the Russian Navy in this section
designeraccd

Submarines: Project 677 Lada Class

Unread post by designeraccd »

Apparently the first of class, ST. PETERSBERG is supposedly operational after extensive "fixes". The second unit is in the water and close (?) to being in service. They are supposed to have better batteries than the Pr. 636.3 boats, but not AIP. There seems to be some confusion, in the open press, about whether these are single or 1.5 hull boats. :? If they are single hull, it would be the first time since WW2 boats in Sov/Russian Navy. DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivorthediver

Re: Submarines: Project 677 Lada Class

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Thanks Dennis , do you have a comparative spec sheet on these types please :?:
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
designeraccd

ivorthediver

Hmmmm hardly likely to set the world alight with these spec's by modern day standards don't you think Dennis
designeraccd

Re: Project 677 LADA Class Submarine

I would not under estimate them, given the right circumstances. They seem quite deadly if handled aggressively. :( DFO
ivorthediver

Re: Project 677 LADA Class Submarine

Well I suppose it depends what they are up against , but the performance spec is a tad wanting by modern standards .....not that I'm an expert Dennis :?
Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

Lada Class Submarine RFS Velikie Luki pictured being cold moved in the Fitting Out Embankment at Admiralty Shipyards, St Petersburg on June 27th 2023.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brian James

Project 677, Lada Class Submarine RFS Saint Petersburg pictured anchored in the Neva River during a Naval parade rehearsal at St. Petersburg on Wednesday, July 19th, 2023. The celebration of Navy Day in Russia is traditionally marked on the last Sunday of July and will be celebrated on July 30th this year.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Navy Lookout
Second Lada-class submarine RFS Kronstadt commissioned into the 🇷🇺Russian Northern Fleet this week (Over 18 years after she was laid down).
Photos at - https://twitter.com/NavyLookout/status/ ... 64/photo/1
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Brian James

Lada Class diesel electric attack Submarine RFS Velikiye Luki pictured fitting out at Admiralty Shipyards, Saint Petersburg on April 12th 2024.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Russian Navy”