Hermes 1966-7 commission

Got some Fleet Air Arm photographs that you want to share with others? Post them here
timlewin

Hermes 1966-7 commission

Unread post by timlewin »

posted on the "old" forum, here are the flying FAA pics from that commission, spot Mike in his Gannet...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
timlewin

Re: Hermes 1966-7 commission

more, and more to follow...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
timlewin

there he goes!
timlewin

Nearly done...
timlewin

that's it, lots of shp pictures but posted to the Hermes thread elsewhere.
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

Hermes minds think alike Tim ..... I was just yesterday searching for the photo of our first fixed wing landing after commissioning and it was the Tiger Moth ..... you have beaten me to posting . I am sure we will hear from Gannet Driver as he must be in the seat on some of the Gannet shots.

Thanks for posting.

Dave H
timlewin

great stuff Dave, Paddy McEwan I believe? I think it was his own plane. were you there when someone, forget name now, tried to land on Bournemouth Pier thinking the lights were Hermes deck lights?
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

Don't remember that oneTim but then it was a while ago .......... Yes it was Paddy McEwan and it was an event never to be forgotten [The Tiger Moth that is not the Bournemouth Pier] :D
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Great shoots of the speed trials Tim , brings the words Bat ...and Hell to mind ......she is certainly going some there but not much on deck [ understandably ] .......many thanks .....reminds me of Victorious a lot but I know I'll be told off . :oops:
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

Three posts back .... first Gannet photo was our COD Gannet probably piloted by our Gannet Driver Mike ..... am I right Mike ??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Fleet Air Arm”