110 foot model...........

Building a model? Need help with it? Show the work in progress or the completed project, etc.
designeraccd

110 foot model...........

Unread post by designeraccd »

of the IJN's YAMATO. Have no idea who built her, but certainly 1 of the finest and LARGEST models in the world, at Kure. 8-) Model shows her in 1945 configuration, loaded with triple 25mm AA. The stern view gives a good idea of her enclosed boat hangers; that protected all her boats from the stupendous blast of her 18.1" main battery. Her planes were lowered by elevator into a below deck hanger to save them from the blast. DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivorthediver

Re: 110 foot model...........

Unread post by ivorthediver »

That is some model and someones dedicated task in life , credit to all concerned and I hope is appreciated by the viewers who pass by .........better than I could achieve , but unselfish in my admiration of it :oops:
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Vegaskip

Unread post by Vegaskip »

I’m told the 'Polystyrene Cement' was delivered in Road Tankers. The spare 'Sprue' was used to build a super tanker.
Jim
ivorthediver

Well at least the size would suit me unlike the ones you build Dennis , but would love to see her close up .
I saw a copy of her in Warwick and that seemed to go on for ever but cant remember exact scale but may have been Either 1/96 or 1/75 but she seemed to fill the space , think it was by the Model Warships Society but wouldn't swear to it , but did post a photo of it on the old site :roll:
designeraccd

Unread post by designeraccd »

Definitely far more detailed than my little (1:1536) YAMATO!! :o ;) DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DonBoyer

Unread post by DonBoyer »

From the museum's specs, the model is 1/10 scale, which would make it about 86 and a tad feet long.
Don G. Boyer

"For a successful technology, reality has to take precedence over public relations, because nature cannot be fooled."(Richard Feynman)
ivorthediver

Ohhh easy to move to the water 's edge then ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Model Makers Section”