Submarines: Yasen Class

Add your posts about the Russian Navy in this section
Brian James

Re: Submarines: Yasen Class

Unread post by Brian James »

Yasen M Class SSGN RFS Novosibirsk pictured as she departs Severodvinsk on sea trials on May 30th 2021.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Russian Navy's future Pacific Fleet's Project 08851 Yasen-M/NATO: Yasen II (Severodvinsk)-class nuclear-powered cruise missile submarine (SSGN) Krasnoyarsk (K-571) will test-launch Kalibr and Onyx SLCMs during the upcoming sea trials in the Barents Sea in August-September 2023. Source: TASS.

Commissioning of Krasnoyarsk (K-571) is scheduled for December 2023.

Photo by fotoflota/Oleg Kuleshov
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Russian shipbuilder confirms Yasen-M class SSGNs to be equipped with M22 Zircon hypersonic cruise missiles.

(3 Yasen-M boats in commission with plans to build a further 4).
See - https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ru ... derway.%22

Has the Russian submarine threat been diminished by the Ukraine war?
See - https://www.navylookout.com/has-the-rus ... raine-war/
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Notorious For Popping-Up Near US Shores, Russian Navy To Acquire 3 More ‘Very, Very Advanced’ Yasen-Class Nuke Subs

After a massive hike in the defense budget, the Russian government has added three extra Yasen-class submarines to the nine previously planned. With this, the total number of Russia’s nuclear-powered attack submarines of the Yasen class is slated to reach 12.

Citing a source close to the Russian Navy, Russia’s TASS News Agency reported that the number of nuclear submarines of the Yasen family of projects 885, 885M, and 885 MA will be increased to 12. The publication, however, stopped short of giving more specific details about the construction of these submarines and their potential deployment or upgrades.

The source reportedly told the publication, “Shortly, the laying of three submarines of the Yasen family is expected. Considering the submarines of this project already built and under construction, it is planned that there will be six such submarines in the Northern and Pacific fleets.”

Although a clear link between the two has not been established, the reports about additional Yasen-class submarines came after Russian lawmakers voted in Duma last week to hike the state’s defense spending. In the biggest-ever spending plan, Russia’s defense spending is expected to exceed social expenditure for the first time in modern history.

Overall spending is anticipated to amount to 37 trillion rubles, or around €380 billion, a rise of roughly 25% from 2023. According to reports, about 10.8 trillion rubles, or nearly one-third of the total, will likely be set aside for security and defense infrastructure.

Continues at - https://www.eurasiantimes.com/notorious ... sian-navy/ - LFT
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Fourth of the highly capable Russian Yasen-M class SSN/SSGNs RFS Arkhangelsk launched at SEVMASH shipyard today.

The submarine "Mozhaisk" was accepted into the Russian Navy

The ceremony for accepting a new diesel-electric submarine into the fleet was held in St. Petersburg.

Continues at - https://tvzvezda.ru/news/202311281232-jUmSs.html
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Russian Navy”