Overall - General

Add your posts about the Chinese Navy (PLAN) in this section
Pelican

Overall - General

Unread post by Pelican »

3 Reasons the World Should Fear China's Military: Aircraft Carriers, Missiles and Stealth

The S–400 more than doubles the range of China’s air defenses from approximately 125 to 250 miles, the previous Congressional review writes. This new range would create a weapons with enough reach to cover all of Taiwan, the Senkaku Islands, and parts of the South China Sea, the review says.
Aircraft carriers, stealth fighters, anti-satellite weapons, drones, cyber attack technology and a growing arsenal of ballistic missiles are all among a series of Chinese weapons said to present serious concerns for Pentagon leaders and weapons developers, according to DoD’s annual China report.
The Pentagon 2018 report, called “Military and Security Developments Involving the People’s Republic of China,” details a broad spectrum of risks to include global economic expansion, massive military modernization and breakthrough weapons technology able to threaten US superiority.
(This first appeared last month.)
While of course the report emerges within the context of a complicated, multi-faceted and stressed US-China relationship which includes growing tensions, military rivalry and some measure of cooperation as well. A recent DoD news report, for instance, was careful to mention China as a potential “adversary,” not “enemy.”
Nevertheless, the Pentagon assessment is quite detailed in its discussion of the fast-growing military threat posed by China. A few examples, for instance, include the report’s discussion of China’s short, medium and long-range ballistic missile arsenal. China is believed to possess as many as 1,200 short-range missiles and up to 300 intermediate range missiles, according to the report. With this in mind, the report specifies that some of China’s longer-range, precision-guided ballistic missiles are able to reach US-assets in the Pacific region.

Continues at - https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/ ... alth-32022
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Re: Overall - General

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Depends where you stand in this bubbling cauldron of pitch its all cause for concern , and Its comforting to know that someone is keeping an eye on developments .

Yes Im sure that in our own punitive way we contribute that which comes to our notice , but as for doing anything about it .....well one can always be optimistic I suppose :roll:

As the focus shifts from one area of anguish to another in that neck of the woods with all having an ulterior motive to inch forward their collective borders and powers of influence whilst not evoking a clip around the ears from another hopeful neighbour its difficult to know where to set up stall :x

As is clear to a blind man , I'm no politician ...nor would I wish to be .....but I am persuaded to think that......... I'm glad that I am the age I am :( ....like most of you out there ,I have lived through most of the post war threats since the last World War....and admit that thats due to events outside of my control , but still feel the only way to avoid another is to carry a bigger stick , and feel very strongly that our collective submission to cuts in defence spending is ludicrous , but .......well thats an area I would be in deep mire if I spoke my mind freely on and I have only just got used to having our Forum back so ill back off and shut up . :oops:
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Chinese warship in 'unsafe' encounter with US destroyer, amid rising US-China tensions
Besides printed report note the videos on the subject below lead photo.
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/01/poli ... index.html
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
designeraccd

Unread post by designeraccd »

Where is "Bull" Halsey when he's needed?? DFO
designeraccd

For those who missed it: the pic released of the close pass by what appears to be a PLAN 052 DDG, just missing the DECATUR......... :x They do NOT own international waters.

Vice President Pence delivered a speech today in which, among other things, he flatly stated that the USN will continue to fly and sail in any international waters that we need to. The speech was aimed directly at China.DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Well just as well its not one of ours Dennis as we need both the ships we've got :? .......being the 7th rated Navy in the world in both number of vessels and headcount of RN personal :(
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
designeraccd

Apparently the PLAN CV-001A has weapon elevators that have been ID'd as closely resembling the latest ones on USN carriers. What a coincidence, go figure.......... :roll: DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

PLAN experimental Electromagnetic Railgun (EMRG) aboard Landing Ship Haiyang Shan....January 2019.
Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

Chinese Navy (PLAN) by the end of 2019.
designeraccd

Latest photo of CV-003.........rapidly outgrowing the moveable sheds used to hide her!! DFO
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Chinese Navy (PLAN)”