Overall - General

Add your posts about the Chinese Navy (PLAN) in this section
designeraccd

Re: Overall - General

Unread post by designeraccd »

Meanwhile, a new view of the first Type 075 has "surfaced". This shows her from the stern; a second unit is being assembled-apparently-alongside. More "dumplings"............DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
designeraccd

The giant jigsaw puzzle keeps growing and growing; soon to be CV-003. Additionally the dredging nears completion so the huge hull can be floated away for completion.

Guesses abound that she will be a one off oil fired CV, with larger nukes (?) as a follow on class........? :? DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
designeraccd

A better overall view of the yard CV-003 is being built at shows the dredging almost complete, and numerous warships fitting out. Busy busy.......... :o DFO
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

China Increases Potency Of Anti-Carrier Capabilities

The Chinese Navy is building an incredible number of modern warships. New frigates, destroyers, cruisers and aircraft carriers will spearhead the world’s largest Navy. But hiding behind the vast shipbuilding program is another pillar of the Chinese Navy’s war-fighting capability; upgrading older warships with new weapons. These upgrades are less widely reported than the impressive new ships, but they are a significant factor in the Chinese Navy’s overall firepower.

Continues at:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/hisutton/2 ... da61f57187
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

ivorthediver wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:22 pm Well I know two people that won't be switching over to 5 :o

Thank you Harry for that comprehensive research and post on a topic we should all be aware of .
we'll stay with BT for the foreseeable future .

This is very alarming and just goes to underline what we have been discussing in previous posts . again my thanks Harry and please keep us posted on any developments .
WowWee ... oops ... sorry it's still Huawei; that 5G it aint goin away any time soon folks, see:-

NavyLookout
@NavyLookout
US could ban deployment of F-35 on QEC aircraft carriers and permanent basing at RAF Lakenheath in response to UK tolerating (partial) #Huawei involvement with telecoms infrastructure.

https://janes.com/article/96004/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found the comments that followed the linked tweet to be interesting and varied - and the linked Janes360 article to be quite interesting.
Little h
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Yes I see what you mean Harry , a hot potato handled by a hot head :roll:

The comments were encouraging though , it would be a shame if it became fact though eh ?

Thanks for the post Harry ...... and hope things in your life are becoming easier to manage dear friend :(
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
designeraccd

Meanwhile there was this-BRIEFLY on the net..........hhmmm :shock: DFO

Former head of China's aircraft carrier program under investigation

Hu Wenming, former chairman of the China State Shipbuilding Corporation (CSSC), is under investigation for suspected severe violations of discipline and law, China's top anti-graft body said Tuesday.

Hu, also former secretary of the leading Party members group of CSSC, is being investigated by the Communist Party of China Central Commission for Discipline Inspection and the National Supervisory Commission.

The Shandong aircraft carrier is docked at a naval port in Sanya, south China's Hainan Province, December 17, 2019. /Xinhua

He was head of the team for the development of China's first domestically built aircraft carrier, which was launched in April 2017 and delivered to the People's Liberation Army (PLA) Navy last December.

Born in May 1957, he retired from the leading post of CSSC in August 2019.

Hu is among several senior Chinese officials put under investigation during the past month, following Vice Governor of Fujian Province Zhang Zhinan and Vice Minister of Public Security Sun Lijun.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

The fanciful future or fact?

The attached image is from the pdf, Part 6 - Aircraft & Airports.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Well that is handy as if we sink the carrier it will take the submarine with it hopefully , a case of all your Fu Yun in one basket me thinks ;)
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

China Has The World’s Largest Navy. And It’s Getting Better, Pentagon Warns

“The PRC [People’s Republic of China] has the largest navy in the world, with an overall battle force of approximately 350 ships and submarines including over 130 major surface combatants,” states the U.S. Department of Defense’s 2020 annual report to Congress on Chinese military power. “In comparison, the U.S. Navy’s battle force is approximately 293 ships as of early 2020.”

In itself, that statistic is somewhat misleading: While the People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) has more warships than the U.S. Navy, the American fleet is ahead in tonnage due to having larger warships, including 11 aircraft carriers that weigh in at 100,000 tons apiece.

But what happens when Chinese naval quantity is paired with technological quality? That prospect alarms Pentagon planners.

The PLAN is a far cry from its Cold War days, when it was a poor cousin to a massive ground army. China’s fixation to forcibly reunify Taiwan with the mainland, and its determination to replace the U.S. as the hegemon of the Western Pacific, had led Beijing to spend vast amounts of time and money to improve the quality of its navy.

Continues at
https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelpec ... cdccbc7933
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Chinese Navy (PLAN)”