Swedish Navy

Add your posts about Other Navies, not already listed, here
Pelican

Re: Swedish Navy

Unread post by Pelican »

Another export success for the Common Anti-air Modular Missile (CAMM / Sea Ceptor).

The Swedish Defence Materiel Administration has signed a contract with MBDA Group to fit the system to the 5 Visby class corvettes.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

Äran Class Coastal Defence Ship HSwMS Wasa pictured at Berga Naval Base, Hårsfjärden c 1904.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brian James

Lead Ship, Coastal Defence Ship HSwMS Sverige.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Sweden has just commissioned a new Signals intelligence gathering ship HMSS Artemis.
Will operate in the Baltic - primarily collecting SIGINT from Kaliningrad and St Petersburg areas of Russia
See - https://www.expressen.se/nyheter/sverig ... -ryssarna/
{Nearly as many aerials etc. as RFA Stirling Castle]
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Brian James

Tre Kronor Class Light Cruiser HSwMS Göta Lejon pictured in dry dock in 1971.
Brian James

Äran Class Coastal Defence Ship HSwMS Wasa pictured at Karlskrona in 1919.
Brian James

Divers inspect the wreck of HSwMS Svärdet....During the Scanian War she fought in the Battle of Öland. She was surrounded early in the battle, and fought for two hours until her main mast was destroyed and the ship surrendered. Before the surrounding enemies could board Svärdet, a Dutch fireship accidentally set her ablaze. The fire eventually reached her gunpowder store, which set off an explosion that sank the ship. Only about 50 of a crew of nearly 650 men survived. On November 15th 2011, it was announced that her wreck had been found by divers off the island coast of Öland.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Navies”