RN Fleet Air Arm: 700X Naval Air Squadron

Add your posts about the Naval Aircraft in this section
Pelican

RN Fleet Air Arm: 700X Naval Air Squadron

Unread post by Pelican »

Navy Lookout
Aircraft Handlers from 700X Naval Air Squadron, embarked on HMS Trent testing one of their small reconnaissance drones while alongside in Tortola, British Virgin Islands.
Sailors, RoyalMarines and 24 Cdo RE Crisis Response Troop personnel from the ship have been assisting with clean up following tropical storm Ernesto.
Photos: UK Handlers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Re: RN Fleet Air Arm: 700X Naval Air Squadron

Unread post by Pelican »

Peregrine rotary wing UAS conducts initial Royal Navy flying trials from HMS Lancaster

In late August, 700X Naval Air Squadron conducted the first flying trials of the Peregrine RWAUS from HMS Lancaster in the Gulf of Oman.

Secured under the Future Tactical Uncrewed Air System (FTUAS) programme, the RN selected the Schiebel S-100 Camcopter as the basis for Peregrine. The aircraft will be equipped with the Thales I-Master radar, a compact, lightweight airborne surveillance radar that offers ultra-fine Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) imagery, Maritime Moving Target Indication (MMTI) and Ground Moving Target Indication (GMTI) modes.

Peregrine will operate in the intelligence-gathering, surveillance and reconnaissance role.

Continues https://www.navylookout.com/peregrine-r ... lancaster/
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Aircraft and Aircraft Squadrons of the Fleets”