Naval Striking and Support Forces NATO

Make your posts about Naval, together with Joint and Inter Service Execises on this thread. NATO, SEATO, etc.
Pelican

Naval Striking and Support Forces NATO

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Re: Naval Striking and Support Forces NATO

Unread post by Pelican »

FS Charles De Gaulle carrier strike group sailed yesterday on 'Akila' deployment in the Eastern Mediterranean.

Besides CVN, the group comprise 1 x destroyer, 1 x frigate, 1 x SSN and 1 tanker plus other NATO warships - No RN participation planned.

Airgroup includes 18 x Rafale jets, 2 x E-2C Hawkeye AEW & 2 x Dauphin SAR helicopters.

Will operate under STRIKFORNATO command for the first time.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Re: Naval Striking and Support Forces NATO

Unread post by Pelican »

Extending Hans across the ocean Royal and German Navies step up training ties

The Royal and German Navies are to step up their 66-year partnership preparing the latter’s warships for front-line action worldwide.

In return, the Royal Navy will benefit from the use of U-boats to train British – and other warships which make use of its world-renowned combat training organisation, FOST.

The German Fleet will also provide one of their auxiliary oilers such as FGS Berlin or Bonn when Royal Fleet Auxiliary ships are unavailable as the ‘duty FOST tanker’ due to other operational commitments.

Continues https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-l ... ining-ties
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “International Developments and Joint Service Exercises”